March 29, 2012

Outfit Of The Day (Neons & Neutrals: Take 2)

♫: Flutes - Hot Chip




{i'm a little teapot, short and....somethin'}.

Style inspiration can come from many different places, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking of this pretty little flower arrangement currently sitting on our psuedo-coffee table right now when I put this outfit together. 


I am still using my Canon point & shoot for my photos at the moment, and I am still in limbo over a camera to replace my broken 5D. While I'm not completely sure, as a Libra I think that decision-making has never been my strongest suit (hardy-har) and...yikes.

So bare with me. My usual fancy remote + tripod set-up doesn't work with my point and shoot, which means I take photos the old-fashioned, sweaty way--using a 10 second self-timer; running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Which also means I get about 15 shots of me doing the exact same pose. Hooray for ingenuity, EXCEPT I DON'T KNOW WHY IN THE JIBBY-JAB THAT I KEEP TOUCHING/SCRATCHING MY HEAD IN MY PHOTOS BUT I PROMISE I DON'T HAVE FLEAS.

I mean, of course I don't have fleas. Urban Hipster Lottery Winning Lumberjack Sea Lion Drawing A Fancy Avant-Garde Caricature of Primo Prostitute Poop Cake Carson Daly simply ain't my thang and is sooooo third week of March 2012, anyway.

But I will totally use a thesaurus  daily news headlines yanked from a very legit online news source to string together nonsensical crap whenever I have a brain fart more often, hooray! Watch out CNN, you're next:

Skirt: Forever 21, old (similar at ASOS)
Pink Necklace: Ann Taylor, old (similar here) (similar here)
Turquoise Necklace: Forever21, old (similar here) (similar here)
Bracelet: LOFT (buy it here) (similar here for $17)
Shoes: J Crew Valentina Pumps in Weathered Rose (buy them here) (similar by Nine West) (great peep-toe option for under $50)




20 comments:

  1. I love that you chose rosy neutrals for that skirt. 

    And gorgeous flowers!  I want to start putting some fresh flowers around the house, but they will have to go in the bathrooms!  Otherwise we will probably have cat vomit problems. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i do odd poses, too. its natural?  i cant get over how different your hair looks!! love it, why am i not blond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving the neon trend, and I think that blouse makes the outfit really wearable.  I haven't been brave enough to try anything lime or fluorescent green yet, but I have ventured into some bright corals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really adore the skirt. Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this skirt! It is very unexpected! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with a point and shoot, the quality is still great! I think I'm getting a canon next ;) Love the neon and neutrals Chloe! I mean, really love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE all the piled on jewelry against the neutral top.  It all blends in, yet has a great pop!  And you don't have to get me started on NEON.  love.  hope u figure out your camera soon, but I think your P&S pics look great!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you CRACK me up! i LOVE the necklace combo. have a great weekend chloe!

     xoxo, jenn

    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the necklaces. And I have skirts similar to that one in hot pink and colbalt blue that I got for $15 at Banana Republic after Christmas. Unfortunately, they are a bit too short for the office. 'Hello down there!' I get cheapy remotes and I hate when they die as I do the 10 second time shuffle as well.
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to show you my self portraits WITH timer. They're horrid. I mean...HORRID. hahahaha!

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha your point and shoot pics come out better than my dslr pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute look! Love your skirt and long necklace!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how pretty! I find bright yellow hard to pull off seriously, but you did it! And love the necklace layering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! You pulled off neon in a classy way. :)   And I don't think the pictures are bad at all for a point and shoot.

    By the way, just wanted to let you know I tagged you with the "Tell me about yourself" award!  You don't have to, but I would love that because you're hilarious and I enjoy reading your blog, and I bet it'd be fun if you did it. :)  Looking forward to reading your seven random things about yourself, if you do decide to write it!Idahttp://style-cocoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a gorgeous outfit! i like the pop of colour thats perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you got your inspiration from the flowers, you translation was masterful! Suite!

    www.living-thesuite-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chloe, you look great as always! I really love your blog, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great. I loved that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look lovely, I love your style. and the necklaces are fabulous! Z

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love nude neutrals with pops of color and love that your flowers were your outfit inspiration! Thats a great point and shoot, please let us know your new camera purchase decision. Your pics are always amazing!

    http://stylingbynumbers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)