April 3, 2012

Outfit Of The Yesterday (The Layer Purveyor)

♫: The Suburbs - Arcade Fire


The weather wasn't playing nice when I snapped these pics, so I apologize for the less-than-stellar quality. I do finally have a new DSLR en route to me, so hooray!  Just a few more days, and then I can go back to pretending like I don't know how to shoot with that sucker, either.

Sooo. Just a quick post for today. Like many people, I tend to play favorites with certain items in my wardrobe, and so I think that it is pretty safe to say that the $15 Forever 21 neon yellow mini is going to be a heavily used item this spring. 

So prepare yo'selfs. 

(...yo'selves?)

Cropped Sweater: Forever 21 (buy it here) (a cardigan option here)
Shirt: J Crew Polly Popover (buy it here) (similar here for under $50) (an option at Modcloth, too)
Small Bow Necklace: Kate Gray Designs, c/o (find more of her gorgeous stuff here)
Gold Stud Bracelets: Forever 21 (buy them here)
Purple Bracelet: brand n/a (similar by Vince Camuto)
Shoes: J Crew PIppa Pumps, old (similar here for $60) (and a non-bow option here)
Nail Polish: Sally Hansen Insti-dry in Lively Lilac (buy it here)


What item are you currently loving in your own closet? Share in the comments!





40 comments:

  1. Ohhh you have the Zara blazer I've been lusting after! Is it comfy? (Sure looks like it.) Love the mini, it's a cool way to add a pop of color to your look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing that Blazer since I saw it online but haven't seen it in stores yet, it looks amazing on you! Love the bright skirt too, a great find from f21!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of patterns and colours, Chloe! I love the blazer and of course the bright mini.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I'm really lovin' is the coordinating nails, bag, and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheKimmieChroniclesApril 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM

    Holy layering genius! I love the layering here. The colors the stripes everything works! (WORK! ) Hmmm, my favorite item in my closet are my blue Converse sneakers. I would like to get my greedy hands on a few more colors. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol yeah, I heard it snowed in CO today, even though it was really sunny just a few days before! I swear CO's weather is just plain schizophrenic haha! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the layers! The shirt over the skirt is super cute!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you re-styled the neon mini - great cropped top and longer striped shirt underneath.

    xo julesinflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love your shoes and yellow skirt. The top is also a very good combo as well as the blazer. Very pretty and glamorous. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@embroidery digitising

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the layers!

    -april.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No one layers or mixes prints like you can!  I love everything about this. Stripes and red are always great together, and mix in that yellow skirt?  Super amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am OBSESSED with that zara jacket! and kick myself every time i see you in that f21 skirt that i didn't grab one! you look gorgeous as always!!!

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm currently loving the short sleeve cashmere t from Jcrew in the color henna.  Its the perfect weight for spring in DC. And lately I've been wearing it with a collarless blazer the same color as your skirt! Love your print mixing, stripes go with everything!

     http://stylingbynumbers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw that Zara blazer while in NYC this past weekend. But I had two others in my hand and one from the previous jaunt into the city. My wallet is broke. No more money is flowing out of it, so I gotta cool it for awhile...or at least until next payday. ;-)
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, Zara has so many cute blazers and jackets out right now--which two did you end up getting??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've alwaaaays wanted to splurge on a J Crew short-sleeve cashmere T, how is the quality on them? They look so cute and feel so nice, but you know. Sometimes J Crew's quality can be so darn sketchy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much, Jenn! I keep hoping that F21 will bring the skirt back - it came in neon pink, orange, and green too and I want the other colors! *fingers crossed* <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, thanks so much, Giovanna! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much, Julia! When I was initially putting all the pieces together I thought, "This is either going to be so right...or so, so, sooo wrong." Whew. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha, and most of the snow melted today! Schizophrenic is right, and it definitely makes getting dressed for the day a *little* interesting and weird. Can't lie. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hee hee hee, thanks so much Kimmie!  I used to have a pair of chuck taylors a long time ago - so comfy and the best kick around shoe ever. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. I decided to go with the 5d mark ii, and use the extra $1300 that I would have plunked down for a 5d mark iii to get some extra glass. Still not sure if I made the right decision--but while the mark iii is no doubt a sweet camera, it's probably a bit too much camera for someone like me. *nervous*

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAY!  Someone noticed!  Hahaha.  I figured if there was a time to go matchy-matchy, this was the time to do it. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Stacey!  And I'm so jealous that you have an actual brick & mortar Zara - Denver is still lagging behind most cities in that arena.  Someday, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hiya Roxy! It is so, so comfy, but a little thick so definitely a blazer for late fall, winter, early spring, and then not much beyond that.  I do love it, though. *wiggles*

    ReplyDelete
  26. At least British weather is consistently crappy & rainy- that way you don't get your hopes up, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This past weekend I got the following: http://www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-york-city-part-4.html

    The weekend before: http://www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-york-city-part-2.html

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi
    gorgeous!


    so glad I
    found your cute, amazing, well structured and interesting blog while peeking at
    others' blogs! I really identify myself with it - I love beautiful things! I'd
    like to invite you to meet mine as well and hope you'll follow it if it pleases
    you. I'm definitely following yours!


    wish you
    lots of success


    kisses


    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhh how I love this! The layering! It looks amazing. My favorite item in my closet is my thrifted oversized denim button-up. I love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this outfit, there is so much going on with the layers, textures and tone. You wore layers and didn't even come off bulky. Well done!

    www.living-thesuite-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree, my first double serge pencil skirt bust a seam at the bottom side after one wear, for $118 it should hold up a little longer ya think, but the cashmere t has been good so far. it does pile a little but i plan to get one of those sweater lint machine thingies, so far I think it was worth the buy, I plan to buy another color soon

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love how well the blazer pulls all those layers together!  Those layers wouldn't have occurred to me to combine but it definitely works.  

    ReplyDelete
  33. Trending! So love your style...Women Shoes fits perfectly with you. That is something I am very much sure of.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)