April 21, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (Sparkle, Sparkle + Sofa and Chair Reveal)





Ta da!  The Alister sofa and chair from Z Gallerie in....some color I can't remember (Husband says "blue mist"):

{snapped on a cloudy day, no flash} {and proof that the rose painting really isn't lopsided, HA}

{and with flash]


I am beyond in love with this set!  Husband and I pushed some furniture around yesterday and got it all arranged to our liking, and while this definitely isn't permanent (only 2 things in the pictures above will be in this sitting area when I'm done--the sofa and the chair!), it will do until we get ready to finish the rest.  

SO THIS IS TEMPORARY, GOT IT? No judging my awesome mixing of  brown + black woods + zebra + gold + silver together like a broke college student with a personality disorder.   While I know it will be heartbreaking when the final change happens (6.3 years from now at the rate we're going), I'll just change it to something even more awesome. Of course.   Maybe a cardboard cut out of Betty White holding a baby bunny and a Slurpee machine (with banana slurpees!) will be in there somewhere, too.   And Christmas lights!  Year round!  Patience.

Outfit time! I grabbed this layered sequin skirt from GAP a few weeks ago during one of their big sales and it's the perfect little springy-sequiny skirt.  For those of you that fear the sequins over the completely rational idea that they might turn you into some sort of human replication of a lopsided disco ball, fear not--this skirt has a mix of more matte sequins than shiny, meaning it has just the right amount of sparkle (no bad dance moves required).  It does run really big, as I've been finding most GAP skirts to run lately, and I am wearing this in 2 sizes smaller than my jean size there--just a head's up.


Belt: Yanked off an old Charlotte Russe skirt (similar style here at Old Navy) (and here on sale for $11
Skirt: GAP Sequiin layer Skirt (buy it here, on sale!) (and a gorgeous splurge here at banana republic)
Shoes: Camilla Skovgaard (buy them here) (similar style here, on sale!) (and here)
Bag: Old Rebecca Minkoff : (similar style here) (and here for under $50) (love this from Matt & Nat, too!)



(currently playing in the chloe hizzouse)






21 comments:

  1. Love love love your zebra coffee table!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are... hold on a second, I'm drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new additions... such fun color, definitely more your style

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH!!!! FIERCE SHOES!!! Me want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE SHOES! I NEED them! The new couch is so old Hollywood. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the pale aqua and zebra but even more those shoes!!! Please lie to me and say they are comfortable. I need them. NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've outdone yourself once more with this outfit. might be my latest fave! thanks for sharing, always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the skirt with the neon belt, it looks fabulous with that precious black blouse. the ruffles are looking so cute and sophisticated. it looks very night time but you still manage to make it look stylish and perfect for anytime actually. the shoes look so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that skirt is so pretty! I love your shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I love ottoman/coffee table. And everything else!
    Fantastic outfit BTW, going to my Pinterest Style Board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Zebra print ottoman. I hope it stays!

    You and your outfit are as adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything - gorgeous! Lovin' the hombre hair, too! You haven't worn it down in your OOTDs for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with everyone else, OMG, those shoes!!! I am totally digging this outfit with the bright pop of pink with the belt, those shoes, the sheer blouse, those shoes, everything is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit, and LOVE your living room set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh. You are so beautiful. And so fabulous. I am so glad I found your blog. I can't wait to keep coming back for more.

    asktheduplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chloe! I love your blog and I envy your ability to put together such fantastic outfits!

    Thanks for inspiring me to purchase the Melie Bianco S10-91 Chain Hobo also (the last yellow one available, for that matter)!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)