Oh, I meant to post this much earlier on Tuesday, but a little something that looks like this:
Just to refresh everyone's memories on this, Husband and I custom ordered the Alister sofa and chair back in February from Z Gallerie and didn't expect it until mid-May, so its early arrival today was a complete surprise! Look for more (read: better) pictures of it later this week. Two things down in this remodel, 2,343,243,280,429,WTF,234,320 things to go.
Belt: Urban Outfitters (buy it here + take 10% off with code "THEMUSICISSUE")
Skirt: J Crew Dorrie Skirt (buy it here) (similar style here) (and a midi version here)
Shoes: ALDO Goodsite (similar style here) (and here) (and a comfortable wedge version here)
Bag: Chloe Paraty in Rosewood (similar style here) (and here by Rebecca Minkoff) (and here for under $100!)
(currently playing in the house)








Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (
That's the perfect shade of yellow IMHO, sunny but not too bright, mellow but not washed-out. Love the bag/belt combo too!
ReplyDeletethis might make one of my top favorite outfits! super hot 70s vibe!!! love the cheapy sunglasses too! :)
ReplyDeleteI am in crazy love with this outfit!!
ReplyDeleteLove the 70s vibe of this outfit! And that couch is to die for.
ReplyDeleteI think for me just reading some magazines and doing my nails while a chihuahua is trying to cuddle with me is the best way to spend my time during a stormy afternoon.
The song of the day is killing.me. X-D
ReplyDeletelove love love! yellow is a great color on you!
ReplyDeleteyou are always so wonderful with color combinations. always classic and stylish, but always sophisticated. love the it bag, of course. the sunnies and the belt. the blouse looks so precious because of the interesting shoulders
ReplyDeleteLove that belt and the bag is to die for! Adorable outfit!
ReplyDeleteIn love with your skirt and belt. Well, andyour new couch too. That pic makes it look like heaven approves too. :)
ReplyDeleteEeek! You look fabulous in yellow Chloe! You need to wear it more.
ReplyDeleteI love this whole outfit, and that's totally my dream couch - love it!
Omg you look amazing! I agree with Rosa - I love the 70's vibe!
ReplyDeleteGreat skirt and lovely look, AS ALWAYS CHLOE!! :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously dying over your new couch - it's GORGEOUS!!!
You look fabulous!! Love love love the belt!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Stacey
http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/
I love the sunglasses - so cute and fun! The way sunglasses should be =)
ReplyDeleteCouch: awesome. Can't wait to see more snaps!
ReplyDeleteLove the color you've got going on there, Chloe! You always have the best belts. Belt away, gal!
For gloomy days, my pick-me-up is usually loud jewelry picked up from the Keys or Caribbean. Tropics are never further away than the next margarita in FL. Afropunk reggaetone music also helps foster the sunny vacation mindset.
Mucky & sucky in Minneapolis, too. I would say to bring cheer, I drive a bright yellow car and think of buttercups.
ReplyDeleteLove yellow on you! I like to wear something bright pink, and that always makes me feel better when its crappy outside :)
ReplyDeleteLove this outfit (and those funky shades)! You look so great in yellow!
ReplyDeleteIt must be Dorrie skirt week, I wore mine yesterday. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the retro vibe you are giving in these pics, the sunglasses just takes it to the next level.
Bright colors always cheers me up with cupcakes coming in a seriously close second.
What a fierce belt! Yellow looks great on you :)
ReplyDeletexo, tasha
twenty-something blog
I adore this outfit, Chloe. You look great in yellow. I need to find that belt this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteI just <3 you in yellow :)
ReplyDeleteYea for the new sofa! It's a beauty! I think you might already have some black & white zebra things that would look great in the room. I can't wait to see it all come together :) Have a great day! Alie
ReplyDeleteYou actually look great in yellow (some people cant pull it off, ahem...me!) Love the whole outfit and agree with the belt. looks pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteYay for new furniture. Yay for (not so) little things that make you happy.
Chloe, this is such a happy outfit! =D And I love that belt...
ReplyDeletepretty!! love the yellow blouse on you.
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS new couch! I really want a new couch too but I have a dog that likes to eat couches so no go for now.