April 22, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (Slightly Skewed)





Hooray, it's Friday! Not too much is new here. Husband and I have been working feverishly to gear up for a vacation to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and I seriously can't wait.  One thing that we rarely do is go on a trip together that doesn't involve friends or family members and/or staying with friends or family members...and while I always have a blast on those trips, it will be great to get away with just the two of us.  Aside from our annual 3-day trips to Steamboat Springs every October, we haven't had a relaxing vacation to ourselves in five years!  Yikes!

Five years!

(Which is exactly why I have resorted to giving my handbags and shoes nicknames like "Hawaii", "Bali," "Australia", "San Diego", "Dollyworld", and "Maine-Just-Because-I'm-Really-Curious")

So it's finally happening this year, a fun vacation with just the D-hubs and me. And while I will certainly miss the sexy ambiance of my slightly deaf dad yell-talking at my slightly deaf mom at 6 in the morning, or the sound of 5 dogs being herded down the echo-y hallway of wood floors in my twin sister's house in South Dakota (again at 6 in the morning)...um.

Mama Chloe needs some alone time with Husband.  And a beach and a strawberry daiquiri.  And a good book. And a point and shoot camera (still).  And some sunblock.  And a fabulously big sunhat.  And a cute little fedora.  And some cheap beach sandals. And more suitcases.  And a porcupine quill necklace from Lulu Frost. And someone to secretly, shamefully see Water For Elephants with me and then loudly protest it after because god, chick flicks are just awful and gross even if they are actually good and amazing, aren't they?  WHO GOES TO THOSE ha ha ha ha awkward laugh NOT ME except you know  maybe sometimes, shhhhush.

On to the outfit! I like my outfit today. I feel like I'm about to go on some sort of fancy safari through the wild jungle of Colorado.  I almost didn't keep the Pizzoccheri jacket when I bought it, as I was wearing my ever-so-fancy pair of sale-goggles at the time; something about the fit was a little off and crop-lengthed jackets can be difficult to wear, especially for a long-torsoed person like me.  But I forgot to return it and I'm rather glad I did, as I'm suddenly reaching for it a lot more. Its weight is perfect for cool spring days and the fabric is ridiculously soft, too!  Don't you love it when that happens?

Woomp here it is, the leaning tower of Chlo-isa. Oh tripod:

 Jacket:  Anthropologie Pizzoccheri Jacket (similar style here) (and here at ASOS) (and here on sale!)
 Cami: Wyatt Sahara U-neck Ruffle Blouse (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here at Old Navy)
Jeans: GAP jeggings (similar style here, on sale!) (and here, on sale!)
Belt: Banana Republic (similar style here at ASOS)
Shoes: Ash Jezebel Wedges AKA "The Serengeti From An Air-conditioned Tour Bus" (buy them here, on sale!) (similarish style here for $50) (these also look great with jeans - but they run big + take 15% off with code "SAVEME15")
Bag: J Crew Galaxy Sequin Bag AKA "Canada For The Maple Donuts And THAT'S IT"  (similar style here) (and here)




Have a lovely weekend and happy Easter, everyone!




20 comments:

  1. I'm SO jealous of your vaca to Hawaii. Can you smuggle me and Mr. Fiance in your suitcases and then we can get married? :)
    I love your outfit today - those shoes are hot, and I'm loving your hair! it's gotten so long and I'm digging it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking gorgeous as always, and those shoes are hot, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always so funny! :D Hope you have fun on your vacation! Wear sunblock! by the way, you totally inspired me to get the j.crew herringbone cargo dress, and i LOVE it!! All these companies should give you a commission, because I'm pretty sure that people go out and buy certain items JUST because they see you look cute wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely the best I've seen you! You look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the funniest, most endearing posts I've read from you Chloe. Loved it! I always want to email these to my boyfriend, because he's a fan of funny, witty girls too! Just like I am! I love the jacket on you, so cute and I can tell it really is soft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are amazing! Love the sweet rock and roll look!
    So happy you and the H are getting away alone together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO excited for your vacay!
    Your shoes are super hot girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are amazing (and sold out in my size). And I will say this out loud....My name is Erin, and I enjoy chick flicks. Feels good to get it off my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Chloe, a vacation - a strawberry daiquiri and the beach and alone-time with the husband vacation! I die!

    And that outfit - you look just stunning. And um, I don't go see chick flicks either. *clears throat* *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing shoes! I love the color of your cami! Have a fun Vacation!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's why I read the book...I KNEW they'd turn it into a chick flick...instead of an old-man-looking-back flick. Sigh. Oh, I'll go anyways...and take my Grammy - she's my beard. LOL Looking gorgeous, as always girl! Loving the new couch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS: Are you serious? For the maple donuts and that's it? You must be joking. You need to Google Vancouver...Nova Scotia....Calgary....Toronto....the Muskoka cottage country! As a Canadian who loves you, I'm deeply, deeply hurt. Maybe the chick flick will cure my broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the belt! nice way to add some playfulness to the outfit ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. first of all, you look gorgeous and I love your outfit and second of all--- NEW COUCHES!!! They look so good. We also have a gray couch (from west elm) and we love it. I have seen yours in person in the Z Gallerie store and they are stunning!

    xoxo Happy Easter pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look adorable! Love the outfit. Mmmm, strawberry daiquiri!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time posting here.
    First, beautiful sofa, what a good choice!!!
    Second, beautiful beautiful shoes, to die for!
    Third, where did you get the sunnies? I have been looking for something like that for while...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new couches. And the clothes, too. :) I really like how the room is developing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the jacket and that belt! Congrats on the vacation!

    http://cozystyle.cozyeggdesigns.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. have you ever done tutorials on how you style your hair? because I'm kind of obsessed with it and i need more volume in mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)