But first...A LIMERICK. Kinda. Ahem:
There once was a happy puppy named Pa-toony,
Who would always shake her butt so hard because she was a bit loony,
She loved to eat all of the food,
because it would put her in a really good mood!
And of course without it, she would be pretty darn puny.
Every night Petunia would get a special snack
As would her sister Kitty, for going outside and then coming back,
Petunia's sensitive tummy meant she'd get something grossly plain and homegrown,
While her sister Kitty would get a very fancy bone,
You know--the doggy-equivalent of a saucy pizza or a delicious Big Mac.
So one day Petunia's mommy ran out of her special nightly treats,
There was nothing left for the little happy Peets!
Without her special treat the puppy would be so sad,
And then oh lordy--she would behave REALLY bad,
So her mom had to think quick and find something for the little P. Diddly to eat!
Her mom said, "Aha! I know exactly what I shall do!"
"I will give Petunia these old minty tartar control snacks that Kitty hated- wahoo!
Pa-toony will eat any food she can,
even if it isn't really a good plan..."
And sure enough--the pup acted like it was the best thing that she ever did chew.
So this is one small way that puppies are a bit better than human runts,
They will take darn near anything and eat it with a happy, happy grunt,
Peets took the new (old) snack and ate it in a gleeful haste,
you know--a snack that was the doggy-equivalent of icky toothpaste,
and her mommy clapped with glee- she totally got away with her clever stunt!
(Never mind that in these pics, I you know--am home. Pretend!):









Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (
Firstly: I loved and even laughed out loud during your puppy Poem! Or is it Haiku? No, I think poem! Anyway, most people type LOL and don't mean it. My LOL is REAL!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, you look amazing in everything Chloe! I would love to raid your closet. Especially your shoes and designer handbags!
And last, I used to wear little dresses and sky high heels when I would go to Vegas. But now I'm older... I'm not so single. So I wear whatever makes me feel chic. I don't wanna be sexy and "hot." I want to be me =)
I love how adorable you are in that feather skirt! You look so chic even when catching a flight!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Stacey
http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/
Really cute! I love all 3 and your hair looks really cute. I can only spend 2 nites in Vegas. That's enough for me. I end up wearing my usual looks, but *do* think about bumping it up a bit. The last few times I've gone for work, so...
ReplyDeleteWOw, that last blouse is so lovely. Thanks for the limerick (so fun!) and the pics.
ReplyDeleteYour feather skirt - that is SO Vegas chic, you are rocking it!
ReplyDeleteOh I miss living closer to the Vegas - used to just be an hour's flight away! Part of the fun of that town is totally going up a notch on the fashion scale - because everything is bigger!
poem = death.
ReplyDeleteI love the feather skirt and that you paired it with such a simple easy top. Very celebrity-esque, so effortless...
hi chloe-
ReplyDelete#1. i think you look way better than the model on the website (feather skirt).
#2. even tho vegas is where i used to get all dressed up, nowadays i tend to wear sweats and/or jeans so i can freely load up at those famous vegas buffets while hiding my bulging tummy, hehe. have you ever seen girls in sky high platforms and sexy bandage dresses eating at vegas buffets? quite a funny sight. something about carrying mounds of food on a plate doesn't quite "go" w/ the look, hehe.=P
Cute limerick! Love your outfits and love your haircolor! I plan on attempting something similar. :)
ReplyDeleteHaven't been to LV yet, but plan to go soon. I will def go a bit crazy when planning my outfits for Vegas. I'm thinking sequins, halter tops, miniskirts, etc. You know - the kind of things one gets funny looks for wearing in Small Town, TX - especially to the local Walmart. Ha ha
You're a poet TOO?!?
ReplyDeleteI've never been to vegas but I wish I could look as chic and put together as you on a daily basis. Thanks for the ongoing inspriation!
I love how you look in those skinny jeans. Everytime I see you in a pair, I think, maybe I could try on skinny jeans too. But I wear a size 8 shoe and totally cringe everytime I try on jeans that aren't boot cut because I feel they make my big feet look even bigger! I'm only 5'2'' so my feet are diproportionately big. Anyway, you look great in all those outfits!
ReplyDeleteThat limerick had me doubled over at my desk. So fun! Love all your outfits, esp. the 1st one. You look like THAT when flying... no excuse for celebs to look like slobs at airports snapped by the paps then! I haven't "done" vegas, and don't even know where to start to dress for the occasion, if/when it ever comes to pass. I fear I'll need a whole new section in my wardrobe to make the grade :P
ReplyDeleteBest Limerick ever! You have me cracking up. Love it! I also LOVE your feather skirt. It is beautiful. I haven't been to Vegas in quite a few years, but I'm more of a normal realm kind of gal:)
ReplyDeletewhen in vegas, must wear slutty clothes.
ReplyDeleteIt depends who you're going with. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Vegas!!! Must go soon.
ReplyDeleteI love the shake shake shake picture.
You just missed the warm weather! Last weekend was great...I wore a dress without tights for the first time this year!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your feather skirt! I love that it shows off your legs and is unique...perfect way to stand out in Vegas!
Lol! I love Aubrey's suggestion. :p I do feel out of place when I go to the Strip at night (which happens no more than five times a year, if that) without something short and/or low cut.
We must have been in Vegas at the same time. I was just there a couple weeks ago and it was ridiculous cold!! I was soooo dissapointed. I really wanted to break out some of my new spring duds. I'm so glad that I am a serious "over-packer." I had plenty of layers to choose from. I ended up wearing lots of maxi-dresses with scarfs, cardigans and/or my denim jacket.
ReplyDeleteI like to switch it up between (a very convincing replica of) bjork's swan dress (mine is slightly different - the swanface blows raspberries), and my naughty nun costume. But then I've only been to Vegas in my dreams.
ReplyDeleteFeather skirt, made for you. Dreamy.
You are always so stylishly put together! That feather skirt is so Vegas.
ReplyDeleteJust got back from Vegas two weeks ago. I miss the weather (wet and cloudy here now). I wore cardis and short fitted skirts. I brought pants too but that and warm weather do not go together.
How did you do your hair? It's so FAB!! Looooooooooove it! x0x0
ReplyDelete