April 14, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (Reh-bell Bottoms)





Bell bottoms.  Re-bel bottoms? Reh-bell bottoms.  Ha! I'm not even going to tell you guys how long it took me to come up with that one. 

(it took a very long time.)

I am back on to the super flare bandwagon for today. I grabbed these bell bottoms from GAP a few months ago, very early into the spring season. They reminded me just enough of these Derek Lam wide-legged bell bottoms from the Spring 2011 runway:

 {via style.com}


to satisfy whatever twitchy-itch I was having, and so I figured--why not?

These suckers aren't fooling around. The 7 For All Mankind Extreme Bellbottoms at least have the decency to be a not-so-noticeable dark wash, but the GAP jeans are not only eye-catchingly light in hue, but they are also whiskered, high-waisted, flared, and oh-so very 70's chic.  Gulp.

Wide-legged jeans can be tricky for those of us that are petite and I always find it best to stick with a longer inseam (I am wearing an unhemmed regular inseam here of around 33"-34") and high, high, HIGH heels to help elongate the leg.

Go too short with the inseam and they will only make your legs look like odd, stumpy short tree trunks; like two little Danny DeVitos clad in ill-fitting denim overalls and telling really bad jokes as you walk.

And nobody wants that, no sir:

Top: The Limited (similar style here) (and here + take 20% off with rep code "20OFFDISC") (and here) (and a fabulous pair by 7 For All Mankind)
Belt: J Crew (similar style here) (and here)
Belt as bow-tie sash: J Crew (similar style here)
Jeans: GAP (similar style here) (and here) (and here) (and here on sale!)
Shoes: Dior Lolita Booties (similar style here) (and here) (and here)
Bag: Fendi B Bag (similar style here) (and here) (love this, too)
Lip color: YSL Rouge Volupte Perle in Coral Sun (buy it at Sephora)




15 comments:

  1. Ohmygod, that is so cute! Love the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day that flared jeans were popular, Mom and I went to a flea market and she asked a seller if she had any flares. The seller said no but you could sew some flares on the jeans. I'm from Tennessee. That says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look darling in those! I'm so scared of high waisted jeans it's not even funny. I can just hear the people in my imagination laughing behind their hands and pointing at my mom-jeans butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great on you! And the length is perfect! I always get the groovin' cowbell song in my head when i wear my bell bottoms. I guess they have that certain 70's vibe for sure! :) Alie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in these jeans! I'd give my eyeteeth for flares that fit around my hips right now... I have tried on a number of brands but just haven't found a pair that flatters. boo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How high are your heels Chloe?!? We are the same height and proportions and I could NEVER wear 34 inch inseam!

    You look FANTASTIC in these by the way - I wanted these jeans too but I would definitely have to hem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wear those jeans so well...I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this look, but am curious what kind of heels you are wearing with them! :) Let's see Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that outfit looks amazing! Those jeans are super flattering! I also adore the skinny little leopard print belt. This outfit is definitely inspiring my to try some high waisted bell bottom jeans! I'm totally following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a brave, brave lady with that long inseam! I normally wear a 29.5" inseam, and my main point of weirdness with my flares is that I feel you should be able to see some/more of my feet. Or maybe I just really love my shoes... You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well styled. It's a lovely nod to the 70s, without screaming "Look at meeeee...where are my macrame clogs...let's make god's eyes...I want David Cassidy to be my boyfriieeeend!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing! Just found your blog and devouring it in one sitting :D Love the hair, love the wide legs...Dying over that gorgeously detailed Fendi! You look stunning :D

    Btw- Haute Khuuture just turned 1 so I'm hosting my very first HUGE giveaway...I'd love to see you stop by if you have a moment :D

    Happy Weekend!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fabulous look (and I absolutely love your blog, just discovered it)!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)