March 23, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (J Crew Cargo Herringbone Dress 3 Ways)





I am forever on the prowl for a cute and versatile knit dress, and so when the Herringbone Cargo dress popped up in J Crew's recent new arrivals I was immediately a smitten kitten.  The color!  The cut!

And I totally need another dress!

Like I need a hole in my head!

Oh, well, the dress arrived last week and ohhh, I am in love.  The fabric is thick enough to hang nicely on the body without being clingy (but thin enough to still be flattering and wearable this spring!) and the length on the XXS is pretty darn great for petites.  The only drawback is the pockets that sit on the chest--bustier girlies might want to stay away, as the placement of them made even ME look bustier.  Me!!! Hysterical. It's only a real problem when the dress is belted, but still--just keep that in mind.


So here it is, styled 3 different ways.  Tu sais pour toi j’ai une faiblesse...si si, pour toi un-e faiblesse.  A chaque fois that we’re together, Penso my heart goes purr, purr...


(and HEY quit staring at my boobs):


Dress: J Crew Herringbone Cargo Dress (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here on sale for $49.99)
Belt: J Crew (buy it here) (similar style here for $6.80) (and here)
Booties: Prada (similar style here) (and here on sale!)
Necklace: gifted from Ann Taylor (similar style here) (and here)





Dress: J Crew Herringbone Cargo Dress (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here on sale for $49.99)
Blouse: Madewell Matinee Dot Blouse (buy it here)  (similar style here, on sale) (and here at ASOS)
Belt: Talbots (similar style here in french teal - and on sale!)
Shoes: Elizabeth and James (similar style here) (and here)
Bag: J Crew (similar style here) (and here)




Dress: J Crew Herringbone Cargo Dress (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here on sale for $49.99)
Blazer: ASOS Waterfall blazer (similar style here) (and here)
Belt: Banana Republic (buy it here) (similar style here at Old Navy for $12.50!)
Shoes: Christian Louboutin Greissimo Knotted Pumps (similar style here) (and here for $40)
Bag: Hayden-Harnett for Target Envelope Clutch (similar style here) (and here) (and here!)
Nail Polish (not shown): Chanel  Le Vernis in Black Pearl (buy it here)
Coral Lip Color: Nars Barbarella (buy it here) with Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach (buy it here) on top!


(currently playing in the chloe hizzouse)







19 comments:

  1. All these looks are great! How can you wear dresses already in Colorado and not freeze? I need at least mid-eighty weather to bare my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress fits you perfectly! i'm totally kicking myself for not getting that asos blazer--it looks amazing on you!

    The Classy Confidante

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dress. I wouldn't have given it a second look on the J Crew site. You wear it better. Also, are you wearing lipstick with the third outfit? Your face has great color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this dress on you! So adorable! I'm diggin the 1st and 3rd styling better than the 2nd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these outfits! I also love the reverse-ombre look you've got going on with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the 3rd... you are absolutely stunning with darker lipstick on. And the hair, the sweater... Just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thirteen Pounds

    So pretty! Unfortunately I am one of those busty girls so this dress would make me look like I had HEAD LIGHTS on my boobs. But YOU on the other hand look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style and you have the healthiest collection of shoes that I have seen. Jealous!

    http://heytherecarole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great, as always! I love all three looks. What a fun, versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The things you can pull off. This dress would not look very good on my (particularly because of those silly pockets ha!) but I loved the ways you styled it! the 3rd look is my fave!
    keep it up Chloe!

    thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some amazing footwear woman! Love the 3rd look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my- this dress wasn't even on my (very wide-ranging) radar! It looked so shapeless in the product shot, but geez. Now I see the potential with these gorgeous styling shots- the fabric and colour are perfect, and it masters the level between cozy and stunning! You be the cutest thing on the internet, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does this dress have the same heavy weight as the cool striped dress they have currently? Love that heavy fabric!!

    Gorgeous all three ways!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, i do like it in the last set of pics with the Loubs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, I love the third look best! This dress would not work with my chest booo :(

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute little dress, but I love the color, it makes it a little bit edgier. The boots are divine. What a fabulous leather and oh the details, makes it a lot more interesting. so they are my favorite pair. The best feature for me is the necklace, it is such a romantic necklace. makes me think of diamonds are a girls best friend. But it turns up the volume. Very simple but oh so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing dress...good to see a review of the XXS, I saw that pop up but was wondering how it was fitting...think I'll order :)

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)