March 27, 2011

Long Weekend (Vegas 2011)





This is definitely the Year Of Travel, and I had barely unpacked from my Sioux Falls/Minneapolis Trip before I was packing again for Vegas.  Whoa buddy, whoa.

I love going to Vegas, and if any of you follow me on twitter you probably already know that this trip was stuffed full of fun times. From (lots of!) shopping to checking out the new Nanette Lepore boutique at City Center and trying to not mash my face into the beautiful purses and shoes Miu Miu and Fendi...to checking out the new The Cosmopolitan right next door (where we are DEFINITELY staying next time- it is so gorgeous and  swanky inside and right up our alley!)....to getting our food & drinks on and spending a super fun night with our Denver friends at N9ne Steakhouse, The Ghostbar, The Playboy Club, and Moon all at The Palms...I am now officially ready for a 240 hour nap, please!


Just a few quick snaps:

 view from the ghostbar before I got too drunk to hold the iphone the right way


I rest my case.


Getting cliche'd in the bathrooms, as IF drunk people can read (only in vegas, sad trombone)


a goose exploded all over our hotel room!


but I was happy to find when I awoke the next morning that even after a night of insane intemperance and shaking our tail-feathers at The Palms and the feathers all over our room, my Haute Hippie Goose Feather skirt was still in surprisingly good shape. whew--I was scared!


A LEGO Buffet at Droog. Totally need this for our remodel, YES.


Okie dokie nevermind (and thennnnnn...I totally touched it).


(And I had a super funny picture of Husband holding a tin of women's Emergency Undies at the gift shop that he had mistaken for a tin of lip balm to go right here...but it has now mysteriously disappeared off my camera.  HEYYYY.)


Someone had waaaay too much fun at the dog sitters - she's been snoozing like this the entire time since we got home. So cute!



In other news, I never bring my heavy & cumbersome Canon 5D on short trips so I apologize for the poor-quality iPhone pics.  Which reminds me--with  vacations coming up soon to the ultra-photographic Hawaii and other locales...do any of my fellow camera friendies have any purse-friendly point & shoot cameras to recommend? I desperately need something small and tidy to stuff into my purse to take with me on my travels, and  I'd love to hear any suggestions in the comments!

I will also try to get some pics up of what I wore on this trip too soon, so stay tuned!  More later homies, mmhm.





29 comments:

  1. Vegas looks like so much fun! My best friend of 20+ years and I are planning a trip for our 25th friendship anniversary. Thanks for some of the recommendations while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! ;) Haven't been to Vegas yet, but hope to go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canon PowerShot... it can literally fit in your pocket, it is reasonably priced, and is 12.1 magapixels (mine is the SD 780)... I took it all around Europe and left my Rebelt XT at home. It took great shots but is super small and light. I bought mine through Amazon and I couldn't love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nikon coolpix point and shoots are great quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like my Fujifilm Finepix. It's getting old now, but I've gotten tons of them for family members and they really like them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to stick with Canon I would go with either the Powershot G12 (which is still a bit bulky for a P&S but great image quality) or the Powershot S95 if you want something a little slimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Cannon Elph -- I am on my 5th one (2 upgrades, one is at the bottom of a canyon in France, and 1 was stolen from my husband's car because he NEVER LOCKS HIS DOORS OR LEARNS HIS LESSON)

    But overall, they take gret pictures, fit in even the smallest purses, have an SD card that fits in most newer computers, and are very durable and user friendly for when you hand your camera to a 65+ tourist to take your pictre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Vegas was fun. I have a canon powershot sx210 and its always tucked in my bag, just incase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All posts are with my P&S... they aren't amazing, but I think the camera is really good for not being a dslr....Canon PowerShot SD970 IS digital elph..... 12.1px... I'm sure there is a better version now, we got this a year and half ago... but its got some decent features...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Canon SD790 IS! I take all my food pictures at work with it because Big Bertha (my DSLR) is too heavy for me to lug around the city often. Well sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay, I love Vegas-thanks for sharing! That skirt is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got the Canon Powershot S95 - it's a "upper-level" P&S and takes AMAZING pictures - not cheap, though (just under $400). Olympus makes a nice P&S that's waterproof - it's awesome to take on beach vacations (that's what my last P&S was)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I have the Canon S95 too! I love that it's so portable and the pictures come out pretty good for a terrible photographer like me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love my canon point & shoot, but if you're thinking of buying one and it has image stabilization, don't bother - it doesn't help much on a small camera. Otherwise canon has lots of good options for great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with everyone.....
    I use the Canon Powershot Elph (SD960 IS). It's small and amazing and HD video! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I second what Amanda said! Nikon coolpix point and shoots are great quality for the price.

    I love Vegas--I try to go every year. Looking forward to pix from Hawaii--I got married there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore Vegas - I go there a ton and the new City Center has so many great boutiques :) I use the Canon 780IS which I highly recommend - so small and sleek and I get tons of compliments on the design (which sadly is how I make many technology purchases). Most of the pics on my blog are from my iPhone but I took this outfit photo on the 780 if you want an example:

    http://www.featherfactor.com/2011/03/floral-white-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been wanting a P&S for the same reason but can't decide which one to buy.

    The top of my list is of course the Leica D-Lux 5, but it's pricey (and very very pretty which counts in my book!) but Leica is the best camera all around. The Canon G12 is great for a P&S but a bit bulkier and is as close as possible as you can get to a DSLR.

    The panasonic LX5 is also a great P&S (it's supposed to be very similar to the Leica as it uses the Leica lens but it's just not as pretty and well, not a Leica)

    Out of all the research I've done those are the ones I'd recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love my Panasonic Lumix LX3. It was recommended by a bunch of professional photos. The only drawbacks are the zoom and the lens cap (kinda a pain to take on and off) but it's a FANTASTIC point and shoot. Almost DSLR quality, almost. Shoots in super low light. love it! and has HD video.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oops, just noticed Panny updated the LX3 to the LX5.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hawaii? Kauai (didn't you get married at Poipu?) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! Since you are familiar with Canons I recommend the Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS. It is 14.1 MP and there is a handy dandy underwater case you can get when you go scuba diving!! Plus, it's cheap...B&H, Adorama, Amazon and Target all have this model. It's teeniny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know nothing about camera talk so you may laugh but, I have an Olympus stylus tough, and it would be great for traveling because it is drop 'proof' up to 5 feet, waterproof up to 6ft and freeze proof for cold weather sports. Would be great for taking pics in hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whew! It sounds like you had a crazy good time! And that sign in the bathroom? HILARITY. Only in Vegas!

    Thank goodness your skirt was unharmed -- I would've been so scared if I woke up to find feathers here and there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your iPhone is your best friend for camera whoring as long as the HDR feature is turned on. It's so good I got rid of my Canon PowerShot.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a Sony Cyber-shot which I love but it's about 3 years old so I'm sure there are lots of newer and better cams out there. Glad Vegas was fun! I was jealous reading and I have to admit I am obsessed with your feather skirt. If the price wasn't so high I'd be def. getting one for myself!

    http://thespanglishlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. We have a purse friendly SamsungCL80 and it is freakin AWESOME. It's got bluetooth so you can instanly upload to youtube, facebook, picasa, twitter, email, a TV, etc directly from the camera. Plus it has about a million fancy ass features including a 'beauty' setting that will do retouching and BLUR OUT YOUR ZITS.

    Hello, best $350 ever spent. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found you through "Broke the City" on polyvore.com, I am enjoying reading your post! Your baby looks a lot like my Lilo and sleeps almost the same :) now following via GFC look forward to reading more of your post!
    ♥ Noemi
    Fashion: http://www.classy-n-glamorous.blogspot.com
    Travel: http://www.brianna64-acrossthesea.blogspot.com/
    Twitter : @wegotogoback @cruisewithnoemi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)