April 18, 2012

Outfits Of The Yesterdays (Night & Day)

♫: Night and Day - Hot Chip


I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted here. Sorry guys! I have actually been busy working on this blog--it's just that you can't see it, since it has all been on the back end. I have something good (hopefully) coming up soon, though, so sit tight. Soon-ish.You know how I do.

Just a quick note for today. It was recently brought to my attention that you guys can't pin any of my images from this blog on to Pinterest. Uh oh.

Now I love Pinterest, as it provides a rather excellent distraction to the monotony of everyday normal life (if only because I enjoy pinning images of a bike riding John Slattery on to my food pinboard, riiight where he belongs) so when a kind reader pointed out that they were having problems pinning my images from this blog, I decided to investigate. Lo and behold, Flickr apparently added some sort of fancy anti-Pinterest meta tag to certain images a few weeks ago, rendering many pictures un-pinnable.

Without, you know, telling anyone. Thanks, Flickr!

The good news is that it is fixable, but the bad news is that it is going to take some time for me to get all of my images fixed, as I now have to go in and change some of my privacy settings. So bare with me and keep trying. I have already fixed a few of my more recent posts, and will be working on my past posts over this next week.

And, by the way, thank you for considering me pinnable! It means a lot, even if my little browser spellchecker is going completely bonkers over this entire blog post and keeps wanting to change "pinnable" to "pinbball", "unpinnable" to "unwinnable" (which also isn't a real word), and "Flickr" to another word containing the letters f-c-k-r. Unwinnable pinball motherfuckers would make for a very insightful blog post, but I'll have to save that for later.

(And I appreciate that my spell-check apparently has a sense of humor.)

(Oh! And if you're a blogger that is having the same issues with Flickr, this is where I found the fix!)

Soon, soon, soon:

Top: J Crew Silk Lucinda Blouse in Roasted Chestnut, old (similar here by haute hippie) (similar here) (similar at Ruche for $34.99)
Skirt: ASOS (check for pop backs here) (similar here) (similar under $100) (similar under $100)
Necklace: Forever 21, old (similar here) (similar here) (similar here under $20)
Watch: Michael Kors Gold Horn Watch (buy it here) (similar here under $100) (similar here under $50)
Wire Cuff: Rivka Friedman (buy it here) (similar here)
Rose Gold Bangles: Seasonal Whispers Crystal & Metal Bangles (buy them here) (similar here under $40)
Ring: Rivka Friedman Teardrop Ring in Smoky Quartz (similar here) (similar here) (similar at F21)
Shoes: J Crew Perfectly Patent Pumps in pink, old (similar here) (similar at Topshop) (similar by Nine West)
Bag: Marc Jacobs Cooper Crossbody in Nude (buy it here) (similar here) (similar under $100)





{a photo bomb of chihuahua-sized proportions?}

{& remote control issues, click-clack, I give up.}

Trench: Juicy Couture, old (similar here) (similar here under $50) (similar here)
Top: Isabel Lu, old (similar at Topshop) (similar at F21)
Skirt: Ann Taylor LOFT (buy it here) (fun option at Topshop) (similar for $30)
Ring: H&M (similar here)
Sunglasses: Prada Baroque Swirl Sunnies (buy them here) (similar here)
Shoes: Lanvin for H&M (similar here under $100) (similar here under $50) (& a gorgeous splurge by Kate spade)
Bag: Marc Jacobs Cooper Crossbody in Nude (buy it here) (similar here) (similar under $100)




36 comments:

  1. love the mint skirt!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That minty breath of fresh air looks so ethereal and dreamy on you! I've been dying for something mint, but everything I've found so far is too green. I like that lighter, sort of seafoamy mint :) You look gorgeous!

    ~ Noelle (beautygirl24)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mint skirt is real cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - that first outfit...I am dying!  The color combination and the detail on the skirt is just divine.  And your dog popping his head through on that other photo is priceless - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your outfits!! Those shoes w the bows are so freaking adorable!

    Xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. witheachpassingdayApril 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

    The mint skirt is very cool. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I use Flickr most of the time. I don't get a lot of pins, but still, it kind of sucks that they didn't tell anyone. 
    Anyhow, I love your minty skirt, so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ASOS skirt is so interesting... looks great with that colour combo. And I love the second outfit too!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt in your first outfit, and I love it with the colour shirt you paired it with!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. weird, i've totally already seen your images on pinterest. i think i even have some on my inspiration board. i have noticed that on a few other blogs, tho, and was wondering what was up. very much a fan of the striped skirt!! i need something striped, literally dont have anything!!
    amber Easy Petite Looks

    ReplyDelete
  11. First outfit rocks, both the color combo and the Jolie-leg-flashing potential of the skirt. Though I am glad you didn't go all aggressive Jolie leg on us...more like demure Jolie leg... Good luck with the pinning situation, remember when blogging was uncomplicated? I don't either...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can we be BBFFs (best blogger friends forever)?! You and I have the same sense of humor and wit! I love reading your posts. I was within a few feet of John Slattery in NYC. We were going in to see The Normal Heart on Broadway and he was buying tickets. But I always think of the him as the guy who wanted to be pee'd on in SATC. LOL!
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say you are awesome. Really awesome. Definitely busted out laughing. 
    crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new to your blog and just love the photographs (and fashion of course!).  They are absolutely beautiful.  So much talent- how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS!!! the colors you wear always look so vibrant and rich!!! love it. and i'm on my way to steal those sunnies from you!!! =)

     xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh those Lanvin for H&M shoes are incredible. I wish my store carried stuff like that but it never does. :(
     
    And that ASOS skirt is super sexy! I love the chesnut JCrew blouse with it though - I have one and love it dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. O..M..G.. that mint maxi skirt is just jaw-dropping-gorgeous!!!! I'm so sad that it's out of stock!! =[

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Noelle - the Brits do a mean, minty seafoam green so well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much Kim! And Petunia thanks you too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Right? It's only an issue if you have any of your photos listed as private (and not public). Even though I kept my photos private from anyone finding them on Flickr, there were lots of ways to get around it so I could still use my own private photos for my public blog. Not anymore, darn them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, it was a recent change for Flickr, darn them. And you DO need something striped--it's a fun pattern to play with!  Thanks Amber! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahahaahhahahaha. I'm old school, I used to have a blogs on sites like Tripod and Geocities, ack.  Technology is supposed to make our lives easier, right? Not...so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahahahaha, WHAT?! Man. If I was within a few feet of John Slattery, I'd...I'd...I don't know what I'd do, but hopefully I wouldn't pee on him. I forgot he was in SATC!

    (And yes! ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much, Giovanna! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahaha, yay!  Thanks so much Crystal--glad I'm not the only one laughing sometimes. ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, thanks so much Sydney! *curtsies* I'm hardly talented, just lucky enough to hit the right buttons sometimes--but I do love good compliments. Thank you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Jenn!  The Prada sunnies are the best and IMO so worth it--they're the only sunglasses that don't pitch my huge head.  So comfy, I can't live without them. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Whitney! Our H&M in Denver typically doesn't carry much from the designer lines, either--I had to rely on a good friend in another city to grab them for me, whew. :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Susanna! Hopefully they'll re-stock it--if they do, I'll post it here (and on Facebook/Twitter) ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)