February 28, 2012

Outfits Of The Yesterdays (Hot & Cold)

♫: Big Mouth - Santigold


Hello, readers, and I hope your week is off to a great start. After having a completely freaky flare last week into this weekend that left me with not only looking like I had been attacked in the face by a blusher-brush wielding drunk 2-year old (that likes to dine at Applebees, I suppose--those 2-year olds always have poor decision-making skills all around, don't they) and a rash on my chest looking like I had chicken pox and/or the skin of any  healthy 13-year old, I am back. And feeling much better! And so it is a good week thus far.

I have two outfits for today. This first one hasn't been worn yet, obviously, but I grabbed both the jacket and the shorts for cheap so I wanted to get a post in here before they go *poof* forever.  Bright colors are a pretty big deal for this spring, and I have always loved how a neon coral looks with a vibrant, pinky purple.  The best way to wear bright colors is to mix in neutral accents, so I paired the duo with a bronzey beaded cami and uh...bright yellow shoes. Neutrals.  I know what they are.

I have no explanations for the awkward poses, however, but etc etc etc:


You can find the coral blazer over at Forever 21; like most Love21 products it runs a little big so I am wearing an extra-small. The shawl collar and open front does dictate a more "easy" fit, which makes sizing not quite so tricky. The sleeves are long on my t-rex-hates-push-ups arms, of course, but rolling them up works too. Love.

The shorts are on sale over at ASOS (and take 10% off through tomorrow night with code "LEAPYEAHUSA"). These shorts fit small! I am wearing one size up from my normal in these pictures, and I actually sent off an order for the next size up too since I prefer my shorts to not cut off circulation to my entire lower half.  Aside from that, these shorts are great--they are also fully lined, and while the inseam is short it's still long enough to cover what needs to be covered even when bending over, mom, I checked.

If you are an avid ASOS shopper, you know their sizing can be all over the place...so the best thing to do is to probably grab two sizes if you want to give these shorts a try. They include return labels and free return shipping with all orders, so I do this pretty often with them--and it seems like the returns are always processed fast, within about two weeks, too. Aside from a weird rash (what is it with me and rashes?) of sending me the wrong items three different times lately, they do seem to have pretty decent customer service when it comes to actually returning things.  Whew.

So on to the next one, on to the next one. I really want to wear this harness necklace all the time. Over blouses! Over gym clothes! Over pajamas! The possibilities! The ingenuity! I can only think of three things! With half of them I'm kidding! Kind of! But I still love it anyway!

Top: Zara (buy it here) (similar at Topshop) (and a brighter option by Free People)
Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target (similar here) (similar at Last Call) (similar at Urban Outfitters)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters, old (similar here) (similar at J Crew) (similar at ASOS + take 10% of with code "HAPPYLEAPYEAH") (and another option at ASOS, on sale)
Necklace: Topshop (similar-ish here) (similar-ish here) (lots of options on Etsy, like this!)
Watch: Michael Kors Horn Chronograph watch (buy it here) (similar at Overstock, on sale)
Bag: Chloe Marcie Crossbody (similar here at Saks) (similar here for under $500)
Shoes: Vince Camuto Prue Pumps (buy them here + take 20% off with code "20GIFT") (similar here on sale) (similar here)
Nail Polish: Revlon Nail Enamel in Charismatic (buy it at Target)



Has there been a favorite accessory that you've been reaching for a lot lately in your own closet?  Share in the comments!





51 comments:

  1. You made me laugh outloud with this post...so sorry that you had a flare up, but glad that you are back & kicking it now.  Both outfits are gorgeous, as usual, but I love the first one especially - going to see if I can track down that coral blazer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got that blazer this past weekend in nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE with that gold chain accessory you paired with the Zara top. I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh! i got the 'skirt' version of those shorts (if that makes sense- they had a bunch of mix'n'match separates in that fabric)) in the minty-green color.  hoping is doesn't run small, and i was not bright enough to order multiple sizes.  also LOVE the forever 21 blazer!  my current accessory obsession is a simple, long gold pendant necklace- seems like it goes with everything!! and the way i like to pile on the cocktail rings, it really good for not looking too over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have totally been rocking the awkward poses lately. Mostly because I hate how I look as a normal person and cannot take myself seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that coral blazer ! can't find it on the f21 canada site though :(
    also loving the shoes in the second post

    xo
    julesinflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the bright colors! I'm so very ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are INCREDIBLE at styling!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are pretty, but I am loving the first one! The shorts are adorable on you! Neon is definitely looking good this time around. The colors look fun and chic, not cheesy like they used to back in the 80's and 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combos Chloe. You look amazing.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first outfit!! The bright colours really suit you!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! That second outfit is something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that mint green Zara top. Unfortunately it was way too tiny on my big ol' arms. It was sent back to them yesterday. I think I'll end up paying $16 for shipping to me and back. Lesson learned. No Zara mail order for me. But it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reaching for my really unique and chunky gold beaded necklace I scored on ebay: http://www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com/2012/02/wildcat.html
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU are the ONLY person i have seen pull off a harness. i am OBSESSED with outfit #2!!! and i swore i wouldn't buy another blazer but if that f21 one is available, i'm afraid it's coming to live with me. =)

     xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors in the first outfit! That blazer is beautiful! And your blouse is stunning in the second outfit. I want to raid your closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your shorts and pumps in the first outfit! Like the mix of colors!
    Obsessed with your Zara shirt in the second outfit! Too pretty!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe that's a necklace! It looks like it was made for that top. I've been loving mint and gold lately and this outfit is insane! Guess I'll have to be content with my go-to chunky gold necklace for now but I'm keeping an eye out for a similar necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you're feeling better! :) Absolutely love fuchsia lace shorts from ASOS, so much so that I immediately when online and bought a pair after seeing your photos :) 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that necklace is insane. I love it.
    I am so glad you are better, Lola send you lots of hugs. 
    As for my favorite accessory right now, it's probably my Spike the Punch necklace, I've worn that thing so much lately, but I just love it. 

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously,
    that harness necklace is made of awesome and also badassery.

    I don't blame you for wearing it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hee hee hee.  Thanks so much, Kimberly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, can't wait to see how you style it! *hi five hi five hi five*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, let me know how the skirt works out for you, Marina! I find that most ASOS skirts run true to size for me, I've almost never had one fit too small, so fingers crossed. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahahaha, I hear ya. I am the most awkward when my husband is at home as I am snapping pics--like in these photos.  He's of *no* help whatsoever, darn him!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much Julia!  Hope the blazer pops up for you on the Canadian site--I bet it will! It's already sold out once online on the US sit and they restocked it, so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Right? When I first realized that neon was coming back in style I had immediate flashbacks to the 90's a la Kelly Kapowski.  So glad that the 'new' neons seem a bit more refined!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw, thank you so much Christina! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Uh oh, I'm sorry to hear that! Zara sizing can be so darn tricky sometimes--I've had a few screwy mishaps with their skirts and pants already myself, grr. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh, pretty necklace! I love how you styled it with your camel coat/leopard blouse/pinky coral pants--it's kind of matchy-matchy without being too much.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahaha!  Oh, my closet is mess--no one should want to raid it. ;) Thanks so much, Rebecca! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aw, thanks Yuni.  Topshop occasionally gets things back in stock, so if it ever pops back up again I'll try to post it here ASAP. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh, thanks Myfanwy.  Hope you love them! 

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks Rosa/Lola! Except I keep accidentally typing Losa. Hahaaha, uh oh.  ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for stopping by Wendy! I love your blog & jewelry and ohhh my goodness, that Zang Toi gown in your most recent post. *dies* *dead*

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks Jenn! And ooh, I hope you get the blazer--I'd love to see how you style it. It's a fun little piece! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't know Chloe, you might be onto something. Losa, I like it. It's kind of like Brangelina you know. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love and look forward to your outfit posts. I always get ideas for color combos...and then forget to do them. I'm wearing a mint blouse today - almost paired it with a cream colored skirt like your second outfit too but went with cobalt instead. (Post up tomorrow!) when I do wear it with my cream colored skirt, I'll remember to do colored pumps instead. Unfortunately I don't have an orangey-red like yours but I'll find something!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Chloe,
    I love the first outfit! Can you tell me which size you ended up getting? I'm petite like you, wonder if I should take 4, 6 or even 8 since you said they run small. I'm usually a 4 in Asos though...Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ah!  The PS-1 bag is so great.  I've been yearning for the shoulder pouch in that same color -- I take it the color's nice in person?

    ReplyDelete
  41. That necklace is amazing  - out of this world !

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the pink lace shorts, but they are now sold out online in that color. Any recommendations on other lace shorts. Definitely wanting to stay in the $50 or less range. Thanks for the help and inspiration. I think your style is amazing. 

    ReplyDelete
  43. UGH- too small! well...i could pull it up, but it was def. sausage casings...AHHHH!!! i'm almost always a size 2 in everything, but never ordered a skirt from asos before. 

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)