February 16, 2012

Outfit Of The Day (A Skew-y Mix Of Prints)

♫: How'd You Like That -The Kooks



Wild, colorful prints are an emerging trend for spring, and I was happy to find this Topshop skirt (in petite sizing, no less!), with its pretty mix of colors and a stripey, kaleidoscopic pattern.

In fact, I liked it so much that I apparently (accidentally!) wore it the wrong way. It's like a bad nightmare highschool flashback! You know, when you would realize around lunchtime that your shirt was on inside-out/backwards or a rogue dryer sheet would suddenly work its way out of the bottom of your jeans as you're walking around before class? Just me? Well. In my opinion we need more serious crusaders in this world trying to make static-cling prevention tragically fashionable, geez.

So! Fashion bloggers: they occasionally accidentally wear things the wrong way just like you, darn those knit skirts with side zips. You can just look at the photo of the back of my head and pretend that's my front, and I'll just tell you that I just walked around backward all day. See? Problem solved:

Jacket: Tibi, old (similar at Piperlime) (similar here) (and at F21)
Sweater: Forever 21 (buy it here) (similar in more colors at Old Navy)
Skirt: Topshop (buy it here in a regular inseam) (buy it here in a petite inseam) (similar here at Ann Taylor LOFT)
Necklace: Forever 21, no longer available (similar here) (this J Crew necklace could work, too!)
Shoes: J Crew Valentina Pumps in Weathred rose (buy them here) (similar by Nine West) (and a cute pair at Zara, too)
Bag: Marc Jacobs Cooper in Nude  (buy it here) (similar here for under $100) (and at Topshop)
Nail Polish: Chanel Black Pearl (buy it here)






16 comments:

  1. Haha you are too cute!! I have a top that I've worn back to front before, i think it looked better that way! Love the print of this skirt!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I wish I had bought that skirt before they'd sold out of my size - love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the skirt!  Amazing print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, that skirt is amazing! I'm trying to beef up my skirt collection and this is such wonderful inspiration. You look great!

    xo,
    Ashley
    anylovelything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great print. love the skirt and to be honest if you told me the way you originally wore was the right way I absolutely would have believed you. Also, bravo on the unexpected pairings as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria Hita SuksesianaFebruary 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

    Love the skirt and the purse! Such a beautiful combo.
    xoxo Mariablog: http://blog.missesdressy.com/author/maria-sShop: http://missesdressy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. foursistersfourstylesFebruary 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

    The skirt is great! I love the print and the color combo! Great outfit!

    Mon,
    http://foursistersfourstyles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, right? And to make it even worse, it's a really comfy, soft, stretchy skirt--so by the end of the day, it had done a whole 360 on me. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks so much Ashley! You can never go wrong with a good skirt.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much, Stacey! I've also worn a shirt (or five) back to front before, and probably not intentionally.  Shh, don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. as always, you make it work!  love that necklace
    xoxo, jillian

    http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)