September 15, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (Jewelry Tom-Foolery)




I'm on a roll, you guys!  Watch out.

The month of September has been full of fashion-action, including the launch of Missoni For Target (And A Million People That Now Hate Target) and the launch of Zara's US online website. I had a major strike out with Missoni yesterday (save for a dress, a hat, and a weird, angry twitchy feeling that still leaves me wanting to find a Missoni scarf so I can strangle an Ebay-er) (but, you know--they bought all the scarves, those smart cookies!)...but thankfully my experience with Zara has been better.

Much, much better!

I grabbed the plain, structured-shoulder top that I am wearing in my outfit below right when the Zara website launched last week and it definitely doesn't disappoint. The knit is nice and thick (I get so tired of see-through white tops), the shoulders add a bit of fun, and all it needs is a necklace to give it a bit of oomph. My order from Zara arrived promptly and prettily packaged too, with standard shipping being free and expedited/overnight shipping costing only $10.

So back to the top!  And a necklace to add oomph! I bought this little jewel collar from ASOS a few weeks ago with the idea of pairing it with such a top and I think it works quite well.Ta daaa!

Pants: Urban Outfitters (buy them here + take 10% off with code "WTVR") (similar style here + take 20% off with code "HAPPYLFW") (and here at J Crew)
Necklace: ASOS (buy it here + take 20% off with code "HAPPYLFW") (also comes in sequins) (and in leather, too)
Shoes: J Crew Valentina Pumps in Vibrant Coral (buy them here) (similar style here under $100) (and here by Steve Madden!)



Have you bought anything from Zara's US website yet?  Share in the comments! <3



21 comments:

  1. I've seen you in several "collar style" necklaces and I really like them....hmm, perhaps I need to acquire one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful as always :)
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I have to get this collar! It is too fabulous and the house looks great Chloe! I luckily live by 2 Zaras in Downtown Chicago, both 4 blocks away so...this chica did not need online shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuuute. I haven't checked out Zara online yet. I'm 35 weeks preggo, so I might hold out until after baby for fear of depressing myself with all the pretty things I can't fit into! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the structured top! I think I actually saw it at the Zara in Vegas but didn't try it on. Darn! I should have!

    I too am annoyed with the whole Missoni thing. I did grab a scarf yesterday (kids version) and found another one (non kids version)today. I was stunned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable. I need this collar! Love Zara too, sadly i don't have a store near home or an online shop in Brazil. I did an inspired by outfit inspired by you. Hope you don't mind. xTati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I was very excited when Zara launched its US website...the nearest store is in DC or Atlanta. And now I can shop online. I just recently made my purchase. Can't wait for the delivery! Also I was not impressed with Missoni's new line. Love the top and the neclace from ASOS. Love your style girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Ms. Chloe! I adore the makeup too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first experience with Zara online wasn't too great. The order was cancelled and no notification was sent. I call cust service and they apologized for the error. But they never got back! Order still cancelled... no word from Zara :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely loving that top- great choice! I would totally like one for myself. Loving your necklace as well. :D

    <3LJ
    http://littlemisslj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all your floors look fantastic! More importantly however, that top and necklace is amazing! What a perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look Chloe! I also ordered from Zara online. I got a green 3/4 sleeve polka top. The color is gorgeous. Unfortunately the quality is awful. One of the sleeves ripped the first time I wore the shirt, and I had to endure Hulk jokes at work all day. (I work with mostly dudes. Funny dudes, but guys who don't understand fashion.)

    Hulk angry about crappy Zara quality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE Zara....What a great way to wear this necklace! BTW, I love the color on your blog pics, do you use a specific setting on your camera or edit it in PS? What lens do you use? It's always so vibrant and crisp! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. not yet= but i plan to!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanting to buy everything at Zara has flustered me to the point that I have bought nothing yet! haha. Love the top and necklace combo, btw, the top will be a perfect statement necklace showcaser all fall!

    Oh, and I read about the fairtrade group for people willing to sell the Missoni4Target stuff and not overcharge people on eBay:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Locked-out-of-Missoni-for-Target-FAIR-Trade-here/285816254767424

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been debating getting a collar like that because I've seen it on a few people now and I think it looks awesome--that a great way to dress up an otherwise fairy simple top! My only qualm is it seems like you could only wear it with shirts that have a really high neckline and I don't have too many of those...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfit! Out of curiosity, how do you store your bags since you switch them out so often?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That top and necklace paired together is perfection!! You look amazing!

    And I forgot about the online Zara. Doh! Now, my wallet may get even skinnier.

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. That collar is amazing! Love this outfit. I'm pinning right now!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is going down as the best outfit ever! I just randomly found your blog and wow, what fab style!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colour palette of this outfit is amazing, and so fall-appropriate! I'd be living in earthy tones if I didn't get distracted by all the other colours so often :P I really like seeing a white top that's not see-through but have yet to find the right one myself - this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)