May 6, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (The Eyeleted Corset Top)





First things first---I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone that gave advice regarding the bamboo floors on my last post!  We spent a little bit more time researching last night and decided to order the floors tonight.  I AM SO EXCITED! It's back-ordered and won't be in for another month, and then it needs another month to acclimate to the house...so it sounds like July will be the month of big changes. I just only hope that I can match my safety hard hat to my shoes in my OOTD photos.


Moving right along--just a quick post for today! Anthropologie and I have been in cahoots over the past few months; it seems like I  either run really hot or really, really, really cold when it comes to that store.   You know how it is--you either like the odd bird vase that would look like it was throwing up flowers if flowers were placed in it....or you don't.  I'm pretty sure it's dictated by lunar cycles and/or how many commercials and magazine advertisements Maggie Gyllenhaal is currently  in.


But when I spied this little Floreat corset in the May catalog it was grabby hands all over the place. It has everything I like in a printed piece (lt's fun!  it has lots of easy-to-match colors to what I already have in my closet!) and can also be easily dressed up or down.  Two big thumbs up!


So here it is with a skirt, shown on an extremely pale model that looks like she's about 2 seconds away from wobbling and tipping over.  Just for a quick example, timberrrr:



And here's how I actually wore it.  This corset fits a bit small (I sized up one size, and if you have any sort of chest I cheerfully recommend doing the same) and also comes with removable straps in case you don't feel like yanking your top up all through out a fancy Friday night dinner.  


I'd also like to say that these Manolo's are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned--I could walk for miles.  You're going to be seeing a lot of them:


Top: Floreat Eyeleted Corset Top (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here for $44)
Cardigan: J Crew (similar style here + take 30% off with code "GAPMOM") (and here)
Jeans: GAP Jeggings (similar style here) (and here on sale)
Bag: Chanel Classic Flap in Camel (similar style here) (and here) (and here) (and here for under $100)
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik Uliepe Heels (buy them here) (similar style here) (and here) (and here, on sale!)



Have a happy weekend, everyone!





24 comments:

  1. LOVE the corest on you! You look beautiful and man, your hair has gotten so long!
    the green cardi and yellow pumps are perfection with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!! You lok fab and I agree with kim I love it with the yellow and green, Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these looks! Gonna have to dupe them for myself. Your hair looks so cute! But I might be biased because mine is close to the same color and style and I am known to favor a loose low side pony tail (in addition to maybe being the only person in CO who is remodeling my house in Hollywood Regency so this is just my two cents). Cute! Cute! Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE that top! I love anything eyelet! :) So freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh chanel flap! Can I touch it?!? :::smushes face into supple quilting:::

    LOVE the look, especially the cardgian... what a great color and go prefect with the corset!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful top and I love the shoes with it!


    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that top Chloe! And the yellow Manolos are amazing, they will totally make any outfit. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love everything! The pretty corset, the bright yellow pumps, that dreamy Chanel...oh I wish I could have it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gah...you are just sooooooo cute!! (and I'm sorry, 'cause I hate that too...) This top was made for you- cute, quirky and deluxicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo I love this outfit combination! Amazing!

    -Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. You.Look.So.Stunning.
    :-O
    That corset looks amazing on you (it looked a mess on me and my itty bitties, sadly) and I'm in love with the way you styled it with the jeans and cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your hair is super long! love! those shoes can do no wrong. Very cute ensemble :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are tdf. So cute!!!! You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks so light!! almost like back-in-the-day-when-you-first-started-your-blog-blonde. :)

    Cute outfit and those shoes - omg! need. want. etc. btw, since you used to drop by my blog - i decided to bring it back from the dead, at least for now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG what a beautiful corset and LOOOOVE how you dressed it up AND made it a bit more casual!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that top is amazing! i love that color of that cardi you wore over it and the yellow shoes are the perfect touch!

    caroline - http://caroekg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The corset is beautiful! The casual look with jeans is amazing.

    <3 Irene
    Couture Petite
    twitter: @CouturePetite

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't get it with Maggie Gyllenhaal. I don't know how she keeps getting anywhere in life. Maybe she is a nice person, maybe not, who knows, but I think of Eeyore everytime I see her and think she is looking for her missing tail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just dropping by to say that I am still thinking about those yellow Manolos! Darn you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that top! Great look!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so stinkin' cute and I love your style. I found your blog through pinterest and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, stunning, stunning look!!

    The corset is gorgeous and the shoes totally bring out more of the color! I love it!!


    Krys
    Fierce|Fabulous|Fit
    @FierceFabFit

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the corset.. absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    www.pinkteddylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute! I really love your top!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)