Oh, more remodeling stuff. We're finally ready to get the big stuff done, and so we had some flooring people come out on Wednesday to measure and give estimates. Wood floors! New tile! It's a comin'!
Husband and I are also heading out this weekend to see if we can get some furniture shopping done, and so with that I decided to make a list. You see, I am a very "list type" of person. If I don't have a list, I careen violently out of control and bad things happen. If I don't have a list, we end up with items like soy ice cream bars, artificial nail glue, and 10 boxes of Hot Tamales that I then have to eat for breakfast for two weeks straight only because the massive cereal aisle is too overwhelming and I can't make up my mind and/or remember what I need and when that happens Hot tamales are always the answer. Always.
I am so list-orientated I have this book sitting on my coffee table and I don't read it 'cuz it's funny, I read it for the tips. My handwriting is so awful that I can't even read what I write on the list (which I assure you, readers--is only sign of my secret, secret genius), mind you, but it still helps to organize all of my flighty and fortuitous thoughts.
And it's also why I probably sound drunk here on this blog half the time
SO! I decided to sit down and make a list of things we "need" for this remodel. So far it includes:
black (modern, comfy) leather sectional for living room
so--seafoam-green-it-hurts chairs from z gallerie
gold light of some sort for kitchen table
Or a silver light of some sort for the kitchen table
Um. A gold and silver light for the kitchen table?
Cool laser light and music show for the master bath shower
Hot pink! Hot pink light for the kitchen table! That spins!
bed frame that isn't over $1,000 because IT'S A FUCKING BED FRAME. UNLESS I CAN EAT IT, DRIVE IT, AND/OR CARRY IT ON MY SHOULDER (and preferably all at the same time), under $1,000 it is.
Punching bag to use for when the bedframe situation makes me angry.
I can't get enough of those shoes. and the red. and and. and. Also, I don't know how I overlooked ANYTHING involving Big Boi and/or The Black Keys but I did. thankyouthankyouthankyou. exactly what I needed. In return I submit Reggie Watts, "Sh_t F_ck Stack". On youtube. my current obsession. You are possibly the only person I "know" that would enjoy this anywhere near as much as I do. Unless you already know about it(s'old)... in that case, carry on! :)
Hi Chloe, Really Pretty outfit, I really, really, really want these shoes. No one has them:( They have either solid Black or Solid Beige. No two tone. I am stalking E Bay! Grrr!!!! But you look Really great in this particular outfit. Lucky Girl :)
I love reading your posts - they are so entertaining and real. I feel like I know you just by reading your words correctly - punctuation, shrieks, sarcasm - all of it! Haha - fun.
1. i love this outfit 2. if i won the lottery tomorrow, those shoes are the first thing i would buy. I love them so much, it hurts a little. 3. you look gorgeous, as always! have a lovely weekend :)
Always always love lace, even when it is not handmade. The black looks great on you. The white skirt is so sophisticated and delicate, but it brings the motion into the outfit. the shoes look perfect. The black leather makes it a little more edgy but they look great with the nude fabric. And to color it up; the bag, so lovely.
This look today? It's amazing. I agree that SJP would be pleased but I think she would bow down at the awesomeness that is Chloe. Fo' shiz.The contrast between the skirt and shirt/shoes- simply inspired. http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com
Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)
I am in love with that skirt!! Have fun furniture shopping.
ReplyDeleteJanice
(Couture and Crayons)
Hooray, lists! I have a pretty pink notebook I carry in my purse so when I remember something to add to my lists, I can promptly search for a pen.
ReplyDeleteLove the blouse! GORGEOUS.
Ahh can't wait to see home decor transformation... mainly the laser beam light show in the bathroom :)
ReplyDeleteYour title made me laugh:)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous outfit Chloe!
ReplyDeleteOMG love this outfit!!! And I'm excited to see the completed reno!!
ReplyDeleteI love this outfit!! The pop of red is just faboosh!! You look great!
ReplyDeleteI am dying over your entire look! One of my all time fave Chloe outfits - SJP would be proud!
ReplyDeleteI can't get enough of those shoes. and the red. and and. and. Also, I don't know how I overlooked ANYTHING involving Big Boi and/or The Black Keys but I did. thankyouthankyouthankyou. exactly what I needed. In return I submit Reggie Watts, "Sh_t F_ck Stack". On youtube. my current obsession. You are possibly the only person I "know" that would enjoy this anywhere near as much as I do. Unless you already know about it(s'old)... in that case, carry on! :)
ReplyDeleteyou are gorgeous. ya just are. inside and out.
ReplyDeleteYour shoes are stunning.
ReplyDeleteMuch luck shopping this weekend for your remodel.
Just wanted to say I approve of your Big Boi quote...
ReplyDeletebeautiful outfit Chloe! Have fun shopping this weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe, Really Pretty outfit, I really, really, really want these shoes. No one has them:( They have either solid Black or Solid Beige. No two tone. I am stalking E Bay! Grrr!!!! But you look Really great in this particular outfit. Lucky Girl :)
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts - they are so entertaining and real. I feel like I know you just by reading your words correctly - punctuation, shrieks, sarcasm - all of it! Haha - fun.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the shopping this weekend ;)
A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984
PS - is that a new chandelier?!
"Cool laser light and music show for the master bath shower"
ReplyDeleteI have one of those! Hahaha. Stay positive, everything will be alright :)
That is a killer chandelier. Where is it from?
Loving this outfit! That skirt is pure awesome!
ReplyDelete1. i love this outfit
ReplyDelete2. if i won the lottery tomorrow, those shoes are the first thing i would buy. I love them so much, it hurts a little.
3. you look gorgeous, as always! have a lovely weekend :)
Dood, that outfit is fine! I'm sending Kelly Wearstler over there. But I think you've got it under control! Luv, Alie
ReplyDeleteLove today's outfit, so incredibly chic! Can't wait to see the remodel!
ReplyDeleteAlways always love lace, even when it is not handmade. The black looks great on you. The white skirt is so sophisticated and delicate, but it brings the motion into the outfit. the shoes look perfect. The black leather makes it a little more edgy but they look great with the nude fabric. And to color it up; the bag, so lovely.
ReplyDeleteYou look stunning! I am so in love with your top.
ReplyDeleteA favorite look for me. So feminine with a touch of edge.
ReplyDeleteLovely! Want to see more details of that shirt - looks amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the lace - so feminine & gorgeous! Also love, love, love the list and the bed frame comment, AGREED!
ReplyDeleteYou are stunning and this lacey blouse with red handbag sooooo chic i love it :)
ReplyDeletehttp://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/
Those shoes are AMAZING! Love your remodeling list. It is now Happy Sunday by the time I comment!
ReplyDeletei always love this blouse of yours, this is one of my favorite from your closet :)
ReplyDeleteYURI
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com
This look today? It's amazing. I agree that SJP would be pleased but I think she would bow down at the awesomeness that is Chloe. Fo' shiz.The contrast between the skirt and shirt/shoes- simply inspired.
ReplyDeletehttp://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com
Oooooo, what a super funky outfit! I love how soft everything is, but then the lace and studs on the shoes just sass it right up. And this?
ReplyDelete"Ball pit to jump into off the top railing of the stairs"
Yeah. I want this too.