February 23, 2011

In Review - Ann Taylor's Antique Lace Tiered Skirt and Lily Peep Toe Canvas Booties




Furniture shopping this weekend was a slight bust.  Husband and I traipsed up to Scandinavian Designs and to a few other furniture stores this past weekend to see what we could see, and while I found plenty of super fun things (dining room tables!  chairs!  pretty wall sconces that look like funky flowers!  a super stunning $7200 leather bed frame!) (red onions on my All American chicken sandwich at The Cherry Cricket so strong they burned my nose!) we didn't find anything to actually take home with us.  Except, you know, bad heart burn. See the part about that chicken sandwich.

So on Monday night during the very last 15 minutes of the 15% off  furniture sale at Z Gallerie, I gave in and custom ordered the Alister sofa and chair. It is what I had originally wanted, in a beautiful aqua blue-green called "blue mist" no less, and well...why not? Husband and I are quickly discovering that this remodel is going to expensive and complicated no matter how we dice it, so we might as well do it right the first time and get what we really want. I'm excited, readers, and they should be here sometime in the beginning of May!  

So now I'm on the hunt for some floor lamps, a coffee table, and a fun chaise. And some art for the wall, too!  And a chihuahua puppy named Cricket to sit on the new furniture. And a chihuahua puppy named Moose to sit on the new furniture.  And (of course- I might be a novice but I'm not dumb, geez!) some new  swanky throw pillows for the new furniture so  the chihuahua puppy named Cricket and the chihuahua puppy named Moose will have something to sit on as they sit on the new furniture.

See?  Two things down, twooooo hundred more to go.

On to easier things: FASHION!  I had grabbed the Lily Canvas Peep-Toe booties from Ann Taylor when they first popped up online and cannot rave about them enough--they are light, comfy, and surprisingly easy to walk in considering the height. They are also a great option if you missed out on the Louboutin Lady Derby booties, as the shape is fairly similar and the lower cut makes them super flattering for everyone, even petites!  

And even better, they're now on sale - shoppers can take $50 off and get free shipping on all full-price shoe purchases at Ann Taylor plus 30% off on one item with code "FEBAFF30" - meaning that the booties are now $103.60 after all discounts, sa-weet.

The fabric also has a very slight sparkle to it that makes them super pretty in spite of having a little bit of  masculine influence.  If you want to grab them for yourself consider sizing up 1/2 a size - I took these home in a size 7.5 (and I'm usually a size 7).  I'm going to be wearing these a lot this spring!



I'm also a sucker for all things full of ruffles and prettiness, and the Antique Lace Tiered Skirt from Ann Taylor also caught my eye and was an immediate purchase.  It is so pretty!  But it does run a little big, because the elastic around the waist is stretchy, so consider sizing down if you want a tighter fit.  I didn't size down and find it comfy albeit a bit looser than what I normally wear in skirts.  But that's okay!  It'll be my Old Country Buffet Skirt, youknowhowIdo.  I'm wearing it in the "petite" length (and I'm 5'2").

Leaning tower of Chloe, darn tripod:

Jacket: Anthropologie Pizzoccheri Jacket (similar style here) (this would work well, too!)
Top: GAP Pleated T (buy it here + take 20% off thru tonight with code "GAPSAVE20")
Skirt: Ann Taylor Antique Lace Tiered Skirt (buy it here) (similar style at F21 here) (and here) (and a pretty option for $39 here)
Belt: J Crew Whip-Snake Belt (buy it here - on sale + take 30% off with code "AYC93K")
Necklace: ALDO Boxton Snake Necklace (buy it here)
Shoes: Ann Taylor Lily Peep Toes (buy them here + take $50 off + take 30% off with code "FEBAFF30") (similar style at Vince Camuto here) (and here)
Bag: Chloe Marcie Crossbody (similar style here) (and here) (and here)




22 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe! Gosh I love that skirt...and the model on the website is also wearing your new shoes! I've been hoping to spy a decent lace skirt on F21, and the option you mentioned is quite cute, but as with 90% of F21 skirts, way too short! Maybe I could get away with it with thick tights in the winter, but bare-legged it'd be a no go. So maybe I'll just have to splurge on the Ann Taylor one hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a tutorial on how you do your hair like that? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the skirt a few weeks ago but may need to get the booties too! I love this skirt and stayed with my true size 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this skirt on this weekend and I loved it too! :) I'm glad you brought it home because it looks fantastic on you Chloe.

    And oh! That sofa set. I heart it! Can't wait to see the results of your remodel when it's all finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it love it! The lace skirt and the canvas booties are two of my favorite items from their Spring line. The price is a little high for me for something more whimsical that I can't wear to work, so I'll just have to relish them on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new furniture!! Can't wait to see it all come together! Hope you are doing well, friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous skirt! Thanks for the reviews on the booties and the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I cannot wait to see all the new furniture! I am glad that you are making progress on the home remodeling/redecorating.

    Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is gorgeous on you!! The layers of lace are just perfect. You make me want to wear skirts!

    petitemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks so lovely on you!! That lace skirt is gorgeous and I love it with the lace-ups. If that heel wasn't so high, I would be all over those suckas. :)

    I'm glad you are coming along with the redecoration. I remember trying to figure out what sofa to purchase and although I liked the one I picked out, I kind of wish I had waited for the one I truly wanted. I was being impatient and didn't want the extra wait time for a different color. Always go with what you really love. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the BEST jackets, and I looove those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you do it. I've seen the peep-toe oxford heel from several different brands in the last couple of months, but I've never wanted any till you posted about AT's. Now I LUST after them. Gawd. How do you do it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen both of the items in store today and I love them. They look gorgeous on you. Unfortunately, the prices are still out of my price range. I hope they'll go on sale soon. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that skirt is GORGEOUS! i love this outfit, i'd never think to put those items together but they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That shoes are to die for! I'm drooling here ;p
    And you look very chic, as always :) Love the way you style the pretty skirt.


    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely adore those booties and skirt! Thank you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drooling over your choice in sofa and chair - and CANNOT WAIT to see the final result!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE those shoes.
    I can't believe that skirt is from LOFT, I like the store, but they usually aren't that cutting edge.

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, you are too cute for words! Thank you so much for you congratulations last week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg, I had my eye on the exact same things from Ann Taylor!. In fact, I already have the lace skirt, although I'm not sure I'll be keeping it since it is quite pricey and plus the elastic waist is quite loose on me. AND I ordered the booties as soon as they started the $50 off sale! How comfortable did you find them? I was a little worried about the heel which is a little higher than I usually wear... and peep toes = no socks for cushioning.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)