April 24, 2012

Outfit Of The Yesterdays (Peplum Power + An Important Note)

♫: Every Single Night - Fiona Apple (new)


First things first! I'm moving. 

Well...kinda.

When I first started this blog, Blogger was a good platform to use. It was easy to set up, easy to use, and had that handy dandy little Google Friend Connect widget, making it easy for readers and/or anyone who wanted to see me (obnoxiously) unravel over zombie models and mushrooms in my snow globes to follow along.

Blogger, however, has been undergoing a few changes as of late: redesigning the editor, nixing Google Friend Connect for non-Blogger.com blogs, trying to push people towards Google+, etc. I feel pretty indifferent about most of these recent changes, aside from the new editor making me feel like I have a weird, fuzzy form of low-blood-pressure-fueled motion sickness, but.

I think the time has finally come to shift this blog over to Wordpress. I have always been a bit of a techy-geek at heart, and Wordpress just...does that better.

But it also means that once I make the move to Wordpress, Google Friend Connect will likely no longer be a fully supported way to follow (or subscribe to) this blog. I am not entirely sure how it's going to go down, since I've never done this before, but if you do follow this blog using GFC and want to continue following this blog (thank you, by the way), here are a few ways to ensure that you'll still get my updates once I do move:

5. Follow via e-mail subscription (see the form to do this at the bottom of this blog!)
6. And/or (apparently) by typing "cloe conspiracy calvin and hobbes snowman lobotomy mc hammer pants" into Google search and then, uh, digging around for a bit. (Yay! Keyword analysis IS fun.)


In all honesty, though, I will admit that getting rid of GFC is a little panic-inducing. If I could bring it with me over to Wordpress, I would in a heartbeat. I feel incredibly grateful for everyone that follows me that way--almost 3,000 of you, believe it or not! And I know that when a blog changes how things work there will always be a few readers accidentally lost in the shuffle.

But this switch will be better in the long run, and I am super excited for the new layout that I have been working on for Wordpress. It will be fun, I promise, and you can even get a sneak peek of it on Facebook right here, right now.

Now on to some outfits. Peplum hems have been popping up everywhere this spring, and I snapped up this bright orange Forever 21 top about a month ago so I could get in on the action. I was also happy to see another of my favorite fashion bloggers rock it recently as well--you can see it on the fabulous Kim over at Penny Pincher Fashion, too.

I had also been searching high and low over the past few months for a jeweled peter pan collar to layer with blouses, something Lanvin or Miu Miu-esque to add a little sparkle and shine. Something like this:



I had ordered this dress from Miss Selfridge, and while I wasn't quite so keen on the fit, glitter-topped-pastel-tube-of-sausage wasn't exactly the biggest trend on the runway this year for some weirdo reason, the jeweled collar was perfect.

As it so happens it was also incredibly easy to cut off, too. Detachable jewel collar, done:

Cardigan: J Crew Perfect Mix-Tape Cardigan, old (similar here) (similar here) (similar at Banana Republic) (similar here in 'oro')
Peplum Top: Forever 21, old (similar at ASOS) (similar by Parker) (similar under $20)
Skirt: J Crew Wool Felted Mini, old (similar here) (similar here) (and an option at ASOS in 'lilac')
Collar: Miss Selfridge Dress DIY (here) (similar at Topshop) (similar at Modcloth)
Watch: Michael Kors Parker Watch (buy it here + take 15% off)
Leopard Wrap Bracelet: Express, old (similar here)
Wire Cuff: Rivka Friedman (buy it here) (similar here)
Rose Gold Bangles: Seasonal Whispers Crystal & Metal Bangles (buy them here) (similar here under $40)
 
Bag: Lanvin Sweet Dora Crossbody, old (similar here) (similar by Frye) (similar by Proenza Schouler)
Shoes: Alexander Wang Isabeli Mules, old (similar here) (similar here)




And then I figured out away to keep cuff bangles from sliding off my wrists. Look at me go, look at me go--tomorrow I will tackle lacing up my shoes.Hahaha just kidding! I don't have shoes that need lacing up. But if I did...

 
Blazer: White House Black Market tux blazer, old (similar at ASOS) (similar at The Limited)
Cardigan: J Crew Perfect Mix-Tape Cardigan, old (similar here) (similar here) (similar at Banana Republic) (similar here in 'oro')

Peplum Top: Forever 21, old (similar at ASOS) (similar by Parker) (similar under $20)
Shorts: Zara (buy them here) (similar at F21)
Necklace: Ann Taylor, old (similar here) (similar at F21)
Shoes: J Crew Perfectly Patent Pumps in pink, old (similar here) (similar at Topshop) (similar by Nine West)
Bag: Botkier Cleo Satchel, reeeally old (similar here) (similar by Marc Jacobs in blush) (& an option by BCBGMAXAZRIA)






23 comments:

  1. I am not sure if I totally love the top outfit - I think I like the effect the soft, light-colored lace shorts have to balance out the mossy green cardi and orange blouse!

    I hope you don't lose readers with your move - I know I will keep reading as I subscribe to you via Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a wordpress girl! welcome to "tha club" girl!!!  i already follow you every which way thank goodness so i don't miss a thing! =) in a totally not stalker way, of course! ha ha! i LOVED that peplum top on kimberly and i must say you rocked it. but i'm not surprised...you always look amazing!!!

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the new blogger changes. I don't like them at all! I'm scared of change. And, because I'm NOT a tech girl, everything feels so complicated! But I love your blog Chloe, and I will definitely continue to be a loyal follower of yours :)

    ~ Noelle (beautygirl24)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe!!  I can't believe you gave me a shout-out...and then proceeded to blow my outfit out of the water..hahaha!  I am in love with that detachable collar - so clever to just cut it off the dress...why not?! :)  I really can't decide which of these I like better - except that the combination of the purple & red is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!  I just started following you recently and I love your posts!  Going to follow you via Bloglovin' and Pinterest now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the orange and purple combo. and that DIY collar is brilliant! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! Love the shorts! Can't wait to see the new design on Wordpress!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That peplum top looks fabulous on you, and I love it paired with the purple skirt and olive cardi! I want to try a similar look so badly, but I'm pear shaped and worry that the peplum ruffle would be more "ode to my hips" than sexy curvy like it looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, girlie!   I have no hips (ugh), so I am always seriously jealous of girls that do have them--ode to hippyness, er, happiness? ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Rachel! Hopefully soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI SOBRINA! And thank you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, thanks so much Jessica! I appreciate it so much (and welcome, hi hi hello!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not even--I loved the way you wore the top! You have greeeeeat style, girl, mmhm. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much Noelle, your comments always make me smile.  I actually kind of hate the Blogger changes (but can't decide if it's just me getting bitter in my old age or what) but I DID figure out today how to get the old Blogger back.  I'm not sure if they've forced you into the new editor yet (they forced me over this past weekend) but if they did, look for the little 'gear' icon on the main dashboard - it should be in the upper right hand corner of your window, below your name & google icon and to the right of the "English" language selector.

    Hit the gear icon and then check "old Blogger interface" from the drop down menu - almost at the bottom.  Ta da! It says it'll be removed in the coming months, but...fingers crossed? :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha, yay! Thanks so much Jenn! You're the best. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much, Whitney! I know bold colors aren't everyone's cup of tea (and honestly, the bottom outfit is my favorite too--and already in heavy rotation, ready to be worn again!).

    (Aaaaaaand now I feel like I'm the awful parent that just shamelessly confessed to having only one favorite child oopsie-daisy-heh-heh.) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chloe, good luck with your moving, I follow you truly, by typing 'thec' in my browser, and there pops up your site, magically! My opportunity to thank you for all the time and work you put in this baby called blog, which I enjoy so much, the writing, the pics, the inspiration. The other day I caught myself at Zara, looking at a blouse, thinking, 'Chloe should get this, totally her thing', weird, since there' s this big pond between your Zara and mine! Anyway, I can't stand the peplum trend at all, might be, because when I asked my creator for full lips, I got the hips instead, but the way you played it, well done meelady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea with the collar switch! And I am following you now on Bloglovin in addition to google just in case--- good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always look forward to your 'Ouftis of the Yesterdays' post so I will definitely be following you where ever you go! Following on FB now and I've been following on Twitter. Good luck on the move, you'll love wordpress! 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! Your black jeweled Asos collar would work as well! Unfortunately, peplum tops don't work on me. I have too much junk near my trunk. But it looks great on you!
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh the FB tease for your new blog...torture! It looks like it will be awesome and I hope the transition will be seamless. I'm currently following you on GFC, but will switch to Bloglovin' soon (like, today). 
    I've been a bit irritated with Blogger and Google lately, especially with the changes to GFC, Picnik (thank goodness for PicMonkey!) and just the overall usability. I'm contemplating a change to Wordpress myself since it seems to be much easier to use.You look lovely as always. I really like the way you mix colors. I'm still learning and usually visit your blog for reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. TheKimmieChroniclesApril 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

    Oh the FB tease for your new blog...torture! It looks like it will be awesome and I hope the transition will be seamless. I'm currently following you on GFC, but will switch to Bloglovin' soon (like, today). 
    I've been a bit irritated with Blogger and Google lately, especially with the changes to GFC, Picnik (thank goodness for PicMonkey!) and just the overall usability. I'm contemplating a change to Wordpress myself since it seems to be much easier to use.You look lovely as always. I really like the way you mix colors. I'm still learning and usually visit your blog for reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yea...the new Blogger layout/editor...pain for me, too. I hope I get used to it. Good luck on your blogging move!

    Great styling of this top! The peter pan collar necklace is great!

    Those heels (the first pair) might be my favorite of yours...at least top five!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)