November 7, 2011

Outfit Of The Day (Put A Lid On It)




Just a quick update for today, since I am getting over some sort of bizarre illness from this weekend. It's like part flu, part extreme head cold...and I've never had anything like it.  Ew. 

I had promised these snapshots on Friday over on the Facebook page, but (obviously) didn't get to them until today due to being sick and down for the count.  My apologies!



It is already snowy and cold here in Colorado, which means it is time for tights, longer jackets, and occasionally even a hat. Winter doesn't play around here homies, nuh uh.

Due to Lupus (and that whole must-avoid-the-sun-like-the-plague-even-if-it-is-brrrr-baby-cold-outside thing) I have become a fairly avid collector of hats. Not only are they brilliant for bringing on trips, as wearing a hat cuts down my hair-styling time to mere miraculous minutes, but I think that they are also great for adding a bit of polish to an outfit, too.

While I typically covet the creations by Eugenia Kim (hello- this beauty is high on my Christmas list!), I have found that places like Urban Outfitters, GAP, and Banana Republic have an excellent selection of hats at really great (affordable!) prices. GAP and Banana Republic also typically carry their hats in two or three sizes, which comes in handy for someone with a bigger noggin' like me.

I like 'em!  So there.

Dress: Forever 21 (similar style here)  (and here + take 20% off with code "831")(love this by Three Dots, too)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Triple Row Pearl Strand Necklace (buy it here) (similar look here for under $20) (and love this at F21, too!)
Ring: Yves Saint Laurent Arty in green (buy it here)
Ring: Banana Republic Tigers Eye Ring (buy it here)
Watch: Michael Kors Blair in Espresso (buy it here) (similar style here) (and here for under $100)
Shoes: J Crew Valentina Pumps (buy them here) (similar style here for under $50)
Bag: Lanvin Sweet Dora Crossbody (buy it here) (similar style here for $40) (and here by Fossil)
Lipstick: Nars Barbarella (buy it here)



I love hats--what fun little fashion accessory do you love to collect?  Share in the comments!



30 comments:

  1. You look like a combination of total bad ass and insane fashionista in that hat. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, but one question, did I miss where you got the tights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is just too cute, Chloe! I loveeee the hat, it looks perfect on you. My hat collection is quite large but my scarf collection is even bigger ;)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Are those Ann Taylor tights? I pulled out my tights for the first time this season, and they look very similar to the pair you are wearing.

    I love the Arty ring, but I always wonder...does it bother you at your knuckle?

    My accessory that I collect...belts! I stalk the J.Crew sales and try to scoop up a $50+ belt for under $20 with free shipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! I've been loving hats the past couple of years - definitely cuts down on the time fixing your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hats, too. I have a cute vintage cloche that's gonna come out to play soon. I actually collect a lot of white gloves...like 1960s white gloves (I've got 5 pairs), and I have a lot of vintage heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee you're a cute gangster! So darling.

    I collect tights. I'd collect hats, but I rarely wear them because I don't like covering up my more interesting hair xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazingly cute you look! Such a perky hat.

    I have a thing for scarves... it's getting a bit out of hand, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brr. This is my second winter in Colorado and it is already looking like it will be much colder than last year, but I do love the snow. The coat is adorable. I am working on collecting more dresses to wear with my coats and tights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so cute in all your pictures!! I love the coat, I can't believe it's from H&M! I have a rather big collection of scarves!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hats, but my head is too big, can wear them! I want that little dress! So cute!
    P.S. Hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Chloe... Perfect outfit, lively dress, awesome jewelry.... I think you're right, we skipped fall altogether, Colorado is so so cold!

    Milena
    www.milenalovesthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Cute!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the whole look, so cute! I need to try that hat. It look absolutely fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a hat lover too and plan to do a post on them very soon.
    I have a collection of lots of things like scarves, hats and tights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE HATS TOO!! In fact, I have an upcoming post on just hats! You look super fly in your get up!! And loving the dress too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I loooove those shoes with the dark tights! So cute! Secondly, I'm a fan of hats and have been told I wear them well, but I never wear them. Partly because I never think to buy them and partly because Minneapolis is really freaking windy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love collecting hats! Just added another one to my collection : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty and elegant! I love the mix of colors. The pop from the shoes is unexpected yet totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that gif made me laugh out loud. so cute. also i love that last photo-- the textures and colors are so pretty! i'm a sucker for scarves and belts. they're everywhere i can drape them in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chloe, you know I love and adore you. But now when I click on your photos, they don't enlarge anymore. I always used to enlarge them to look at details. I miss your old way of doing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE that hat on you!
    Also, do you have any rules for wearing tights with shoes of a different color? I always feel like it looks weird on me. Do you try to stick to certain colors or are you bold enough to sport whatever?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just read in your profile that you're a tiny lady too (I'm 5'1 on a good day) & all I can say is YAY! I'm really used to giant, tall bloggers. All that short people love out of the way, the gif is fantastic! & I love the mix of pink & turquoise accessories :)

    xx Corinne!
    cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything about this outfit. You always accessorize so beautifully - and uniquely! I can't wait to check back and get more cold weather inspiration!

    Best,
    CK

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for the comments, guys! <3

    Allison - hahaha, your description of outfit totally made my day!

    Bevy - I did forget my tights! They are from Banana Republic last year. They no longer sell this style, but this is pretty close! I love BR's tights- I've found they really hold up well (and they're usually really soft, too!).

    Allison Elle - thank you! I've been collecting scarves like a fiend lately, too. Great minds think alike?

    Michelle - LOVE J Crew's belts! I go through up and downs with J Crew, but their belts have always been fabulous. They almost always go on sale, too- which makes 'em even better! The Arty doesn't bother my knuckle at all--the back is hollowed out, which helps keep it comfy! I tend to be picky with rings due to having arthritis in my fingers/hands, and the Arty gets an A+.

    Katie - aw, thank you! <3

    Mary Ann - I saw some of your gloves when I popped over to your blog last, love them! And helloooo-let's see that vintage cloche!

    Contrary Kiwi - hahaha, thank yoooou. <3

    Rose - thank you!

    the taupe - thank you!

    diaryofashopper - winters here can be SO crazy, we usually don't get so much snow so early! It's always fun in the beginning, but by the time March rolls around...oh, I'm so over it. I hope this won't be a bad winter! :(

    stacey - aw, thank you! <3

    RosaLovesDC - thanks Rosa, you're the best. Definitely check out BR/GAP - I have a huuuuge head too, and their M/L size in their hats are huge! They actually fit loose on my head - a first.

    Milena - thank you, fellow Coloradan! *waves*

    Style & Poise - thank you!

    Lilly's Style - thank you!

    fshnonmymind - thank you! Can't wait to see your post on hats.

    Samantha - thank you, and the same! Love a fellow hat lover. :)

    Flight Attendant Extraordinaire - aw, thank you! AND YES. I've spent a few winters in Minneapolis, the wind is awful. :(

    The Little Dust Princess - yay! Let me know how you like it!

    Beautygirl24 - hahaha, thanks! love me some bright shoes, mmhm.

    Dishy Decorator - HEY DOLL! Thank you! So happy to see you pop in here! :)

    yuni.k - aw, thank you! And happy to know I'm not the only one that disgards her accessories all over her entire house, hee hee. <3

    Liz W - Hiya Liz! I actually didn't change the way I do the photos, but I think Blogger must have changed the way they format on my blog template, darn them. If you click on a picture and it pops up with a black screen in the background, there should be a link in the lower left hand corner that says "show original size" and the bigger picture should show up when you click it! If it doesn't let me know, and I'll def see what I can figure out. <3

    hrck the herald - I do have a few rules for wearing bright shoes with tights-- I almost always try to stick with a traditional pump that is pointy-toed, because that helps to keep the legs looking longer! I definitely stay away from brightly colored booties or heels with ankle straps, as those cut me off at the ankle in an extremely obvious way and does nothing for my height. I always try to keep the pumps simple, too--nothing with too much embellishment. HTH!

    Corinne - aw, thank you! And hooray for another shortie. It can be tough out there in the world of fashion for those of us that are vertically challenged, eh? Thanks for reading! <3

    ckstayingwarm - thank you for the kind & sweet words! I'll have some more outfits up here soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Check out these hats:
    http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=Albertus+Swanepoel&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallany%7Call+categories

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shoes, of course!

    ...And ridiculously big, sparkly cocktail rings.

    And?
    I found a pair of Eugenia Kim heels for $25 at my local consignment store.
    I will have to post peectures of them this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments--leave 'em here! ♥

♥ Follow Along

♥ About...

Chloe, Colorful Colorado. 5'8" (only) when teetering in her highest 6 inch Miu Miu platform heels. Likes fashion, broccoli, ice cream, clarifying that she does not eat ice cream with her broccoli as to not cause worldwide panic, hoarding beauty products & pretty shoes, tickle fights with her husband (he would like to clarify that he does not like them back, OKAY?), anything covered in sprinkles, any alcoholic beverage made with Tang, live music, clicking the camera, sarcasm fonts, vases stuffed full of pretty flowers, and laughing hard until her belly hurts. Wants an adventurous life, lots of puppies, to never obtusely wander around with her fly down, and to be an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a bright, festive print when she grows up. This is where she bravely documents it all. (oh you really want more, do you?)